Circa Survive Discography Reissue ?

i cant believe they are already bein sold on ebay for 250$, to everyone complaining about 25$ for a single LP the 250$ price tag is a ripoff, learn some basic economics of supply and demand. Higher the demand Higher the price in some instances. Them selling them for 25$ is nothing. They are a band that needs profit to, who cares if some bands put out records for less. There is a huge range of manufacturers that cost more/less to make albums. (Look at Red Fangs new Double LP for 45$ because of some stupid holographic cover) Who are you to bitch to the band that they are price gouging?

i cant believe they are already bein sold on ebay for 250$, to everyone complaining about 25$ for a single LP the 250$ price tag is a ripoff, learn some basic economics of supply and demand. Higher the demand Higher the price in some instances. Them selling them for 25$ is nothing. They are a band that needs profit to, who cares if some bands put out records for less. There is a huge range of manufacturers that cost more/less to make albums. (Look at Red Fangs new Double LP for 45$ because of some stupid holographic cover) Who are you to bitch to the band that they are price gouging?

Go home ZayZay, you're drunk.

The band must know that they can sell more than they pressed. By making more "very limited" pressings. They feed the hype that these flippers use to sell you back a record for 10 times the retail. Keep it in print on one color and end this bullshit. That's the only way.

to everyone complaining about 25$ for a single LP the 250$ price tag is a ripoff, learn some basic economics of supply and demand. Higher the demand Higher the price in some instances. Them selling them for 25$ is nothing. They are a band that needs profit to, who cares if some bands put out records for less. There is a huge range of manufacturers that cost more/less to make albums. (Look at Red Fangs new Double LP for 45$ because of some stupid holographic cover) Who are you to bitch to the band that they are price gouging?

That's the kicker here.  A band of Circa's popularity and success has zero reason to press a limited amount of vinyl and ask $30+ PPD for them.  Your "supply vs. demand" argument is irrelevant: they're selling the same record that they sold for $15 a few years back.  Presumably from the exact same masters.  They're not including bonus material.  They're not expanding the packaging.  They're not using any additional resources.  But they're charging [roughly] twice as much.  Why?  Because they know people will pay it.

Like it's been said in this thread - and many more - it all comes down to standing your ground and voting with your dollar.  I know I praise Deathwish quite a bit, but honestly; look at the facts.  Converge's seminal album Jane Doe used to fetch prices that rival Juturna and OLG.  It was out of print for years; when it was repressed, the label included an additional 11" x 11" colored booklet, and still asked standard retail price for it.  Could Deathwish have charged $40 a copy, and still had the album sell at tremendous speeds?  I have no doubt about it.  But they didn't ask $40, because they're not dicks.  And we didn't pay $40, because we're not desperate.

And regarding that last bold bit.  Who am I to bitch?  I'm just another music / vinyl nerd on an online community, like yourself.  We're all entitled to an opinion here.  And mine just so happens to be that Circa dug deep on this one.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm still going to have a hearty laugh if Friday rolls around, and EVR is asking < $18 per LP with sane shipping costs.  If you disagree with my post or think that $30+ single LPs are justifiable "because they're in demand", that's your problem.  I can respect your opinion, but don't beat your chest or question my right to voice my thoughts.  Thanks.

[edit]

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

The band must know that they can sell more than they pressed. By making more "very limited" pressings. They feed the hype that these flippers use to sell you back a record for 10 times the retail. Keep it in print on one color and end this bullshit. That's the only way.

To be honest what got me into collecting vinyl is the rarity of them. I have gems in my collection that I love because they are rare and I own one, some aren't even out of press but I love them none the same.  If they were all mass produced with unlimited numbers it would ruin the fun for some people. I love LISTENING to music, but collecting has allowed me to own a part of the music I love instead of wasting money on a CD. Its like collecting coins, its the hunt or rarity which makes that hobby fun for people. If all they had to do was purchase from a never ending supply then whats the point? If you really think that unlimited pressings of records is a solution then please re-think.

To be honest what got me into collecting vinyl is the rarity of them. I have gems in my collection that I love because they are rare and I own one, some aren't even out of press but I love them none the same.  If they were all mass produced with unlimited numbers it would ruin the fun for some people. I love LISTENING to music, but collecting has allowed me to own a part of the music I love instead of wasting money on a CD. Its like collecting coins, its the hunt or rarity which makes that hobby fun for people. If all they had to do was purchase from a never ending supply then whats the point? If you really think that unlimited pressings of records is a solution then please re-think.

The Hobby.

That's the kicker here.  A band of Circa's popularity and success has zero reason to press a limited amount of vinyl and ask $30+ PPD for them.  Your "supply vs. demand" argument is irrelevant: they're selling the same record that they sold for $15 a few years back.  Presumably from the exact same masters.  They're not including bonus material.  They're not expanding the packaging.  They're not using any additional resources.  But they're charging [roughly] twice as much.  Why?  Because they know people will pay it.

Like it's been said in this thread - and many more - it all comes down to standing your ground and voting with your dollar.  I know I praise Deathwish quite a bit, but honestly; look at the facts.  Converge's seminal album Jane Doe used to fetch prices that rival Juturna and OLG.  It was out of print for years; when it was repressed, the label included an additional 11" x 11" colored booklet, and still asked standard retail price for it.  Could Deathwish have charged $40 a copy, and still had the album sell at tremendous speeds?  I have no doubt about it.  But they didn't ask $40, because they're not dicks.  And we didn't pay $40, because we're not desperate.

And regarding that last bold bit.  Who am I to bitch?  I'm just another music / vinyl nerd on an online community, like yourself.  We're all entitled to an opinion here.  And mine just so happens to be that Circa dug deep on this one.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm still going to have a hearty laugh if Friday rolls around, and EVR is asking < $18 per LP with sane shipping costs.

[edit]

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

....aaaaaaaand he nails it.

To be honest what got me into collecting vinyl is the rarity of them. I have gems in my collection that I love because they are rare and I own one, some aren't even out of press but I love them none the same. If they were all mass produced with unlimited numbers it would ruin the fun for some people. I love LISTENING to music, but collecting has allowed me to own a part of the music I love instead of wasting money on a CD. Its like collecting coins, its the hunt or rarity which makes that hobby fun for people. If all they had to do was purchase from a never ending supply then whats the point? If you really think that unlimited pressings of records is a solution then please re-think.

You're stupid.

And regarding that last bold bit.  Who am I to bitch?  I'm just another music / vinyl nerd on an online community, like yourself.  We're all entitled to an opinion here.  And mine just so happens to be that Circa dug deep on this one.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm still going to have a hearty laugh if Friday rolls around, and EVR is asking < $18 per LP with sane shipping costs.  If you disagree with my post or think that $30+ single LPs are justifiable "because they're in demand", that's your problem.  I can respect your opinion, but don't beat your chest or question my right to voice my thoughts.  Thanks.

[edit]

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

I just think it's funny that people are complaining over 5 to 10 dollars when these are such sought after albums that to get your hands on before today you'd easily have to shell out 200 bucks..