Circa Survive Discography Reissue ?

That's the kicker here.  A band of Circa's popularity and success has zero reason to press a limited amount of vinyl and ask $30+ PPD for them.  Your "supply vs. demand" argument is irrelevant: they're selling the same record that they sold for $15 a few years back.  Presumably from the exact same masters.  They're not including bonus material.  They're not expanding the packaging.  They're not using any additional resources.  But they're charging [roughly] twice as much.  Why?  Because they know people will pay it.

Like it's been said in this thread - and many more - it all comes down to standing your ground and voting with your dollar.  I know I praise Deathwish quite a bit, but honestly; look at the facts.  Converge's seminal album Jane Doe used to fetch prices that rival Juturna and OLG.  It was out of print for years; when it was repressed, the label included an additional 11" x 11" colored booklet, and still asked standard retail price for it.  Could Deathwish have charged $40 a copy, and still had the album sell at tremendous speeds?  I have no doubt about it.  But they didn't ask $40, because they're not dicks.  And we didn't pay $40, because we're not desperate.

And regarding that last bold bit.  Who am I to bitch?  I'm just another music / vinyl nerd on an online community, like yourself.  We're all entitled to an opinion here.  And mine just so happens to be that Circa dug deep on this one.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm still going to have a hearty laugh if Friday rolls around, and EVR is asking < $18 per LP with sane shipping costs.  If you disagree with my post or think that $30+ single LPs are justifiable "because they're in demand", that's your problem.  I can respect your opinion, but don't beat your chest or question my right to voice my thoughts.  Thanks.

[edit]

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

real talk 

I also use Jane Doe as an example when talking about insane price gouging 

I have an extra OLG and Juturna from this pressing i bought 2 of each, Would anyone like to trade for copies of the Hot topic versions? So you would purchase the two versions hot topic releases and I will trade you for this pressing? Let me know. That way you dont have to worry about fridays release.

I have not read through this thread so I dunno if this has been mentioned yet but Hot Topic will have exclusive colors on Juturn and OLG

Juturna on orange limited to 1000

OLG on blue limited to 1000

Both are $19.99

Available 12/17 in select HT stores and online.

SANTA LIVES!

E11nUwp.gif

I have an extra OLG and Juturna from this pressing i bought 2 of each, Would anyone like to trade for copies of the Hot topic versions? So you would purchase the two versions hot topic releases and I will trade you for this pressing? Let me know. That way you dont have to worry about fridays release.

I hope you somehow get stuck with these. I know it isn't likely, but it would be nice if for once there was some justice.

I hope you somehow get stuck with these. I know it isn't likely, but it would be nice if for once there was some justice.

I would like to tell you to go fuck yourself. I bought two so i can listen to one and save one for long term you douche bag. There is no need to be a rude prick, so please go fuck yourself. And I am attempting to help someone who didnt get one. I am not saying im selling it for 250$! There is no difference in my asking to do a simple trade with 2 circa albums as it would to trade 2 completely different albums, there is nothign wrong with trading unless your a unreasonable idiot like yourself. Grow up and give the world some justice so no one has to read your idiotic comments.

I would like to tell you to go fuck yourself. I bought two so i can listen to one and save one for long term you douche bag. There is no need to be a rude prick, so please go fuck yourself. And I am attempting to help someone who didnt get one. I am not saying im selling it for 250$! There is no difference in my asking to do a simple trade with 2 circa albums as it would to trade 2 completely different albums, there is nothign wrong with trading unless your a unreasonable idiot like yourself. Grow up and give the world some justice so no one has to read your idiotic comments.

One for the long term... like if you open it it'll disintegrate or something.

Except you bought two so you could use the extras as trade bait. Had they not announced more variants I'm sure you would've had some stupid post about how you would trade the extras for some stupidly rare variant of another record. Since that's the reason you buy records in the first place, for the rarity.

Except you bought two so you could use the extras as trade bait. Had they not announced more variants I'm sure you would've had some stupid post about how you would trade the extras for some stupidly rare variant of another record. Since that's the reason you buy records in the first place, for the rarity.

Who cares if its for trade or not? are people only allowed to trade their only copy to make it ethical? Your so fucked in the head. Who cares if I would ask for another record for them, you know whats important is the fact that if someone really wanted these then in their eyes its a good deal. Its trading an apple for an orange, not an apple for a fucking ipod. If I had 2 Jane doe records and wanted a Boys Night out record, I would very willing trade one for the other. Why? Because its what I want to do and what I feel is worthy of a trade. Even though Jane Doe is worth way more. Your an idiot and im sick of wasting my time talking ot a child.