PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

At this point, I am generally bored with all of the newgaze bands. Everything is sounding the same, though I guess that could be said of any genre. This album, on the other hand, stands high above all of the others. The sound is superb, dense and yet open and airy. It took a while, but I am really damn glad I made this purchase.

Anyone happen to catch any of the shows with Whirr? Wondering what they're doing vocally as they said this is the crew from the new album...excited to see what they're doing. Also really want a damn shirt...would love to know what merch they brought along, if any.

Saw them last night, one of the guitarists was doing all the vocals.  They were barely audible in the mix, so I can't really tell you much past that.  In terms of merch, they had Around and Pipe Dream LPs (not sure of which variant) and I think Pipe Dream on CD too.  Show was all around great, really loud even with earplugs though.  I also managed to get into see Converge for free afterward, which was icing on the cake.

Saw the tour tonight and Nothing sounded great, much better than the live videos I've seen on Youtube. Whirr were pretty heavy, but I felt like something was missing without a female vocalist. Nothing still has all the shirts available and the white vinyl from the first press as well as black vinyl from the second. I'm also surprised you can still get the poster too, since it's only out of 50. It's huge and looks really cool, singed by the artist and hand numbered.

No Downward Years To Come, sadly.

Saw the tour tonight and Nothing sounded great, much better than the live videos I've seen on Youtube. Whirr were pretty heavy, but I felt like something was missing without a female vocalist. Nothing still has all the shirts available and the white vinyl from the first press as well as black vinyl from the second. I'm also surprised you can still get the poster too, since it's only out of 50. It's huge and looks really cool, singed by the artist and hand numbered.

Just got home from that show, and was incredibly disappointed with Whirr's performance.  What songs did they even play?  I didn't recognize them at all.  They felt like super repetitive, basic chord-jammed songs.  The vocalist's mic was turned down so low, and he didn't even acknowledge the guy who shouted at him to turn it up.  Their personality was also dry as hell, too.  Really bummed out, as they were about 60% of my motivation to go.  It's a good thing Nothing killed it.

Just got home from that show, and was incredibly disappointed with Whirr's performance.  What songs did they even play?  I didn't recognize them at all.  They felt like super repetitive, basic chord-jammed songs.  The vocalist's mic was turned down so low, and he didn't even acknowledge the guy who shouted at him to turn it up.  Their personality was also dry as hell, too.  Really bummed out, as they were about 60% of my motivation to go.  It's a good thing Nothing killed it.

Damn. I was excited to see what direction Whirr would go in after "Around", but this is concerning. I was admittedly a little apprehensive after seeing that they weren't using a female vocalist anymore.

This being their official new lineup that recorded the new LP, I wouldn't be surprised if they strictly played new stuff. I hate when bands do this. It'd be shitty to never see them play any old songs. I wouldn't put it past Whirr as a band to ignore old material from here on out, not to get too speculative. They had male vocals on their tour last August, played most of "Around"...personally I don't think it translates too well.

Still holding out hope for their upcoming record. Figured it'd be announced at least by now, so who knows when we'll see it.

Also, were you the guy with the ponytail and glasses, who made the merch dude check to see what variant they had for GOE?  When he saw that it was the white & black tri-color, he proceeded to grab two copies.  I saw the whole thing go down and thought to myself "that guy has to be on VC."

Damn. I was excited to see what direction Whirr would go in after "Around", but this is concerning. I was admittedly a little apprehensive after seeing that they weren't using a female vocalist anymore.

This being their official new lineup that recorded the new LP, I wouldn't be surprised if they strictly played new stuff. I hate when bands do this. It'd be shitty to never see them play any old songs. I wouldn't put it past Whirr as a band to ignore old material from here on out, not to get too speculative. They had male vocals on their tour last August, played most of "Around"...personally I don't think it translates too well.

Still holding out hope for their upcoming record. Figured it'd be announced at least by now, so who knows when we'll see it.

Yeah, I really do hate to break the bad news.  During the entire set - like, all 6 songs or so - I was just hoping and waiting to hear something that I recognized from Distressor or Pipe Dreams.  But not a thing.  I'll still check out the new album in good faith (and also because I'd like to finally hear the vocals.  Good lord) – but if tonight's show was any indicator of things to come, I think the next record may be my next stop on the Whirr train.

Also, were you the guy with the ponytail and glasses, who made the merch dude check to see what variant they had for GOE? When he saw that it was the white & black tri-color, he proceeded to grab two copies. I saw the whole thing go down and thought to myself "that guy has to be on VC."

Opivy, if that is true, can I buy the other copy off you?