Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

like previously spoilered, the Mountain survives the fight with Oberyn BBUUTTTTT he used a poison-tipped spear during the fight. Cersei gives the guy to crazy guy mad-scientist Qyburn to try to fix/ease his pain. supposedy the Mountain eventually dies while he is in Qyburn’s care, and his skull is sent to Dorne to appease them.

HOWEVER, a new knight named Ser Robert Strong shows up, 'discovered' by Qyburn and is as big as the Mountain. He doesn't remove his helmet, and doesn't eat or speak. there's a theory that it's actually the Mountain reanimated by Qyburn by some of his black magic. so there's that.  

like previously spoilered, the Mountain survives the fight with Oberyn BBUUTTTTT he used a poison-tipped spear during the fight. Cersei gives the guy to crazy guy mad-scientist Qyburn to try to fix/ease his pain. supposedy the Mountain eventually dies while he is in Qyburn’s care, and his skull is sent to Dorne to appease them.

HOWEVER, a new knight named Ser Robert Strong shows up, 'discovered' by Qyburn and is as big as the Mountain. He doesn't remove his helmet, and doesn't eat or speak. there's a theory that it's actually the Mountain reanimated by Qyburn by some of his black magic. so there's that.  

added a little more fun stuff!

the theory might be valid.  Qyburn asked for permission to use the mountain as a puppet.  he was kicked out of the guild of maesters or whatever for performing tests on the living.  he said you can only learn so much on the dead.  whatever he did to the mountain, shit was fucked up and def didn't "ease the pain"!!!!

This was always my impression, but it's never been validated as of yet.

Also, That gif... still so damned brutal. Even after repeat viewing.

Seriously how is everyone not traumatized? I've been thinking about that scene all day

I could see how it could traumatize someone if that person hasn't seen very many horror films. Pretty standard stuff when it comes to that. Was still pretty fucked up though. Crushing/blowing out someone's head with bare hands is always insane.

i couldn't watch that scene. I watched the episode a day late and was warned. I hid behind my laptop... it would replay in my head for days if I had seen it.

same thing for 2 girls 1 cup. I've avoided that thing for YEARS, hearing about it was enough.