2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Stores are not allowed to sell RSD items online till 1 week after if they have any left.

Of course there is always rule breakers...but they seem to be cracking down on it.

Now does every record store that participates get some quantity of every item or would I have to call ahead in advance to find out?

DAWES_CONOR_COVER_zps3964ddeb.jpg

Los Angeles-based rock band Dawes are excited to announce that they will release a limited edition seven-inch for Record Store Day (Saturday, April 19). This exclusive split will feature Dawes covering the Bright Eyes song "Easy/Lucky/Free" and Conor Oberst covering Dawes' "Million Dollar Bill." More information on the release can be found via Record Store Day's official website,http://recordstoreday.com. 

More Soundgarden details:

This year, the band celebrates the 20th anniversary of this groundbreaking album with a special reissue in two deluxe versions outlined below and available on June 3, 2014 via A&M Records/UME. The Deluxe Edition is a 2-CD package featuring the remastered album along with disc two consisting of demos, rehearsals, B-sides and more. The Super Deluxe Edition is a 5-CD package featuring the remastered album, additional demos, rehearsals and B-sides and the fifth disc is the album mixed in Blu-ray ™ Audio 5.1 Surround Sound. The Super Deluxe Edition is incredibly packaged in a hardbound book with a lenticular cover, liner notes by David Fricke and newly reimagined album artwork designed by Josh Graham. It also features never before seen band photography by Kevin Westerberg. A 2-LP gatefold of the original 16 vinyl tracks remastered on 200-gram vinyl in a gatefold jacket will also be made available. In addition, the Superunknown singles and associated b-sides with newly interpreted artwork sleeves by Josh Graham will be reissued on Record Store Day, April 19th, as a set of five limited edition 10" vinyl records.

SUPERUNKNOWN: THE SINGLES – FIVE 10-INCH VINYL SET

1.       SPOONMAN

Fresh Tendrils

Cold Bitch

Exit Stonehenge

2.       THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE

Like Suicide (Acoustic Version)

Kickstand (Live)

Limo Wreck

3.       BLACK HOLE SUN

Jesus Christ Pose (Live)

Beyond The Wheel (Live)

Fell On Black Days (Live)

4.       MY WAVE

Spoonman (Steve Fisk Remix)

Birth Ritual (Original Demo Version)

My Wave (Live)

5.       FELL ON BLACK DAYS

Kyle Petty, Son of Richard

Ghostmotorfinger**

Fell On Black Days (Video Version)

Girl U Want

Black Days III*

* Originally titled “Fell On Black Days (Demo – Early Version)”

**Originally titled “Motorcycle Loop (Short Version)”

That name is fucking terrible though. I need more details on this before I'm sold. My guess is it's demoes from uno, dos, and tre, in which case, fuck this, I'm out!

From Green Day's Twitter:

We are releasing 18 demos from Uno, Dos, + Tres for @recordstoreday. Colored #vinyl, #CD and #cassette. Stay tuned!

Definitely getting the 2xLP of "Superunknown" in June. Will be nice, don't have any 200g pressings.

I'll probably end up grabbing this down the line hopefully on clearance as this thing will probably be about $40 at least. I think the 200g thing is stupid but it will be nice to have this unless its digitally sourced for the cut. Still would love to have an OG on black.

From Green Day's Twitter:

We are releasing 18 demos from Uno, Dos, + Tres for @recordstoreday. Colored #vinyl, #CD and #cassette. Stay tuned!

I'm so excited for this! I loved the trilogy and I can't wait to hear the demos, plus they are also releasing an unreleased track with Demolicious according to their facebook page