2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

From what i found listed said 800 copies on RSD. But this will have a wide-release later this year too. I don't know if the wide release package will differ from the RSD one though. This one is a must have for me.

I'm almost certain the Songs: Ohia box is NOT getting a wide release later. I know that's what RSD'S website says but I don't believe that's accurate.

At my local record store they are giving a free record for each dollar you spend. There will be three bands playing and free beer. I just hope they have the circa/sunny day real estate split.

1) A free record for every dollar you spend... would leave me with whatever I buy plus 200 free records... 

2) Free beer

3) It's too good to be true. They're going to chloroform you and take your organs.

Am I the only one on this board getting the zombies, half japanese and dundein double album

If I had the money, I would have bought this Half Japanese box and the one from last year too.

It may not have been the rarest release but I was psyched that a local store held a copy of the live Tame Impala LP for me! I was also able to find the Jeffrey Lee Pierce Sessions 7" (w/ Ty Segall + John Dwyer) on a european website and placed an order. Pretty pleased to have snagged my two most sought after items without an early wakeup (even if it cost me a ghostbusters 10").  

Here's a pic of the Tame Impala 12" if anyone's interested, I hadn't seen any description mentioning that it was colored so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up: 

438e139f-af8e-4811-9886-2152ea38dba9_zps

It may not have been the rarest release but I was psyched that a local store held a copy of the live Tame Impala LP for me! I was also able to find the Jeffrey Lee Pierce Sessions 7" (w/ Ty Segall + John Dwyer) on a european website and placed an order. Pretty pleased to have snagged my two most sought after items without an early wakeup (even if it cost me a ghostbusters 10").  

Here's a pic of the Tame Impala 12" if anyone's interested, I hadn't seen any description mentioning that it was colored so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up: 

Awesome that it's colored! Excited.

Got to Dearborn Music a half hour ago and there was already like 10 people in line. First guy is getting the only Cake boxset so I'm heading home now ha.

Oh man, hopefully UHF isn't too bad.

My local store (Clarity Records) is doing a 24-hour day (midnight to midnight) to celebrate RSD. Went there about 15 minutes before it opened and was probably about 200th in line. I managed to score a copy of the Set Your Goals - Reset 10th anniversary 10" and a copy of the Starvation/Negative Reinforcement split RSD cover (exclusive to Clarity). Slightly bummed that I didn't get a copy of Ghostbusters but I was surprised there was a copy of the Circa Survive split left while I was looking through.

Also, fuck that dude who cut the line and bought 3 copies of the Crosses EPs.

The photos at Clarity looked mad crazy - i rocked up at 930am and to my surprise the records i was keen on where still there. Livin the dream. Was still pretty busy in the morning