The "that song's a cover?!" thread

We've all been there. You adore a song for the longest time, and then POW! the original, probably several decades older, hits your ears, and your mind is blown.

For example, this just inspired the thread

mind-blown-ben-leslie.gif

I've noticed a widespread phenomenon about people who find out a song they like is a cover/find out a popular song is a cover of a song they like. Everyone likes the first one the heard usually better. It's interesting how the human brain just instantly biases it. Just rambling. 

A lot of great Clash tracks are covers besides I Fought the Law. You have Police and Thieves, Wrong Em Boyo, Brand New Cadillac, Police on my Back etc. I wouldn't be surprised if even a lot of big Clash fans didn't know how many cover songs they have on their albums.

I've seen on more than one instance people crediting Joe with writing Silver and Gold. I even have a 7" with a cover of the track and they mention the song being written by him.

A lot of great Clash tracks are covers besides I Fought the Law. You have Police and Thieves, Wrong Em Boyo, Brand New Cadillac, Police on my Back etc. I wouldn't be surprised if even a lot of big Clash fans didn't know how many cover songs they have on their albums.

I've seen on more than one instance people crediting Joe with writing Silver and Gold. I even have a 7" with a cover of the track and they mention the song being written by him.

Pressure drop too