Record Store Day 2014 Ambassador is?

Just curious who everyone thinks might be the ambassador for 2014? 

I'm gunning for Robert Smith...I think that would be cool!

Not gonna lie, Robert Smith as ambassador sounds kind of depressing. That's coming from a Cure fan. Looking for an upper, not a downer.

Maybe Dave Grohl? He would fit right in.

I don't think there really could be a bad person that has been mentioned so far....Grohl's great...Coyne is great....it would be nice to see someone that actually has a passion for vinyl or that has been around long enough to be able to help the cause. When I look back at the supporters of RSD, I see The Cure, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Jack White and The Flaming Lips, Lee Scratch Perry as being pretty consistent as contributors year after year. A lot of great artists show up each year, but not a whole lot show up with releases year after year.  Robert Smith as actually a pretty funny guy and a standup gent and The Cure have had an exclusive repress every year, but maybe I'm just excited about the new release...who knows? 

I wonder which band(s) have contributed the most releases to RSD so far...who pressed the most amount, etc?  Anyone know?

I thought Jack White was a terrible ambassador.  His stance on vinyl immigration was not in line with the peoples and he did not represent himself well at the vinyl UN when he pressed his speech on a 4 1/2 inch 78 that exploded after listening.  This year we vote a true American and vinyl patriot for ambassador.  Vote Neil Young for 2014 ambassador.  #youngforambassadorofvinylsrecordstoredaytwothousandandfourteen

JW could have been a great ambassador...instead he did nothing.

I mean sure his face was on a pin and they recorded a video of him touring the pressing plant he owns.....

Why don't they do something cool with it!  Have the ambassador make appearances before hand, maybe a show even?

Surprise appearances at record stores.....

I thought Jack White was a terrible ambassador.  His stance on vinyl immigration was not in line with the peoples and he did not represent himself well at the vinyl UN when he pressed his speech on a 4 1/2 inch 78 that exploded after listening.  This year we vote a true American and vinyl patriot for ambassador.  Vote Neil Young for 2014 ambassador.  #youngforambassadorofvinylsrecordstoredaytwothousandandfourteen

Are not all of your vin-yulls 4.5" 78s? Poseur.

#youngforambassadorofvinylsrecordstoredaytwothousandandfourteen

I don't even know what the ambassador does, though. If he's just supposed to be a pretty face to represent Record Store Day, choose someone other than Jack White.