• 1 month later...

Confirmed: Season 2 will star Colin Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. The first two episodes will be directed by  Justin Lin (The Fast and the Furious franchise)

“Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.”

Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, “a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.”

Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, “a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.”

Via

I just hope the second season can live up to the greatness that was True Detective's first season. It's going to be tough. Both Vince Vaughn and Collin Ferrell have had their ups and downs as actors. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to these roles and one another on screen. 

I just hope the second season can live up to the greatness that was True Detective's first season. It's going to be tough. Both Vince Vaughn and Collin Ferrell have had their ups and downs as actors. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to these roles and one another on screen.

I heard the second season won't be as dark as the first, which is a bummer. Both Farrell and Vaughn are good actors who just end up in a lot of shitty movies. I'm excited to see how they are on this show. Almost no pairing is going to live up to the two leads from the first season, but I'm not disliking the casting choices thus far.

Justin Lin is a good director. His episodes of Community were awesome and his Fast and the Furious movies were fun (seriously, I used to talk shit on that series never having seen it but then watched 5&6 and had a blast). BUT his style seems like the complete opposite of True Detective. I'm still optimistic though.

Anyone know if Nic Pizzolatto is writing season 2?  

Phenomenal writer.  In my opinion that will have a far greater impact than the director will.  If you're thirsty for more, read his novel "Galveston".

He did: "Production will begin on the season, which creator Nic Pizzolatto wrote, later this fall in California"

Via

Justin Lin is a good director. His episodes of Community were awesome and his Fast and the Furious movies were fun (seriously, I used to talk shit on that series never having seen it but then watched 5&6 and had a blast). BUT his style seems like the complete opposite of True Detective. I'm still optimistic though.

Agreed.

Anyone know if Nic Pizzolatto is writing season 2?  

Phenomenal writer.  In my opinion that will have a far greater impact than the director will.  If you're thirsty for more, read his novel "Galveston".

Also agreed. He's only directing the first two episodes, so I'll stop acting like a diva. I want this to work, I just want it to be as cohesive as the first season.

• 3 months later...

I think the cast for season 1 was perfect! Never really enjoyed any Matthew McConaughey movie, but what he played in TD was superb!!

Just can't see myself taking the two morons Farrell & Vaughn serious...will watch anyways!

What makes you say that Colin Farrell is a moron? Just curious. IMO he is perfect for this roll.

• 2 months later...