Have you ever found OOP vinyl at a show?

tvham

I grabbed tickets today to see the Kooks at Great American Music Hall in SF next month and had a little daydream that I'd walk in and find that they had copies of their first two albums on vinyl for sale at the merch booth. I'm curious if anyone has found out of print albums at a show.

I picked up Au Revoir Simone's Still Light, Still Light recently and that seems to be OOP. I also grabbed Metric's Fantasies at their show at the Fox last year when it seemed to be out of print (now it's back available at their site) and I guess that's the closest I've ever come. 

I think I remember reading a story at some point about Jimmy Eat World finding extra copies of Futures in a warehouse somewhere after it had gone OOP and opting to sell the found copies on tour.

I always thought that was cool.

They took my buddies on tour when this happened. was happy they scored me one. Also Coheed and Cambria had 15 white and 5 green second stage's at a show I was working at once that they had just found the day before.

I think I remember reading a story at some point about Jimmy Eat World finding extra copies of Futures in a warehouse somewhere after it had gone OOP and opting to sell the found copies on tour.

came to post this.  i was pretty stoked to find that sitting on the merch table.

as cliche as it sounds.. "finding" a box of our OOP stuff is really quite common if you have a ton of shit thats constantly being shifted around. I know the bosstones just found a couple cases of Lets Face it, and some of that era's 7"s when they went through their warehouse... and recently i was just forced to move everything out of a spare bedroom i was using for storage for my baby's room, and found all kinds of stuff mixed in boxes, mis labeled boxes, or just things that were buried under stacks of other stuff.

Yes, I went to a Huntingtons reunion show (which the only reason for the reunion was because the drummers wife had developed brain cancer and all proceeds from the show were going to their family medical bills) and their only album (at the time) that had ever been on vinyl was OOP for quite some time.  Well the band must've been selling off some of their personal copies because I finally got their High School Rock LP and I paid $50 for it.  The band refused my offer of $50 at first but I insisted since it was a benefit show.  They even signed the cover to me personally and I have it framed.  During the night when they were playing I joined them on stage singing backup vocals.  Man that was a good night!

I grabbed tickets today to see the Kooks at Great American Music Hall in SF next month and had a little daydream that I'd walk in and find that they had copies of their first two albums on vinyl for sale at the merch booth. I'm curious if anyone has found out of print albums at a show.

i got tickets to this show too, this would be cool but i highly doubt it

I grabbed a copy of Kishi Bashi - Philosophize in It! Chemicalize w/ It! 7" at his show this past October. It had been sold out for a while on the Joyful Noise webstore, and the only other place it was available was at his merch table. I was just glad there were a few copies left, because the Athens show was the last one of the tour.

came to post this.  i was pretty stoked to find that sitting on the merch table.

Yeah, I agree this was awesome! When I saw JEW here in Charleston in December they had (I believe) the last copy they were selling. It was kind of beat up but it plays well. When I was speaking to Zach he mentioned that he thinks the overall Futures press is out of /2000 not the initial 1000 like everyone thinks.

When I was speaking to Zach he mentioned that he thinks the overall Futures press is out of /2000 not the initial 1000 like everyone thinks.

Ugh, I hate it when bands don't know exact pressing #s of their records. I like knowing exactly how many were made because it helps me value my stuff accordingly.