PO NOW: Braid - No Coast (Topshelf)

Not sure if they limited them, but it didn't appear that way. I went to the Pittsburgh show and it didn't seem like these we're flying off the shelf. It wasn't nearly a sold out show either, so I can't really say for sure. I would think people should have no problem getting one, but who knows for sure. It's just a cover that was already posted, hand numbered with the regular jacket and a 180 gram LP.

Good to know. I didn't exactly imagine them to be flying off the shelves either. Braid isn't exactly the most popular band out there. Then again, it's been a long time since they were this active.

Giving this my first listen after considering ignoring it and holy shit it sounds like a Braid record, unlike that last EP, which sounded like a different band that I didn't like.

Is it just me or do Chris's vocals sound like they've got a weird phaser or doubling effect on them? Or maybe they're just sitting on top of the mix? It's really catching my ear for some reason.

There's definitely something different with his vocals on this album.

Topshelf via Facebook:

"Ok ok. We know a bunch of people haven't gotten their Braid records yet. Sometimes when you make vinyl it takes about a month longer than planned. Which you know isn't fun for anyone. So we just wanted to share that we now have all vinyl in stock. Expect your shipping notifications soon and thanks for being patient."

^^^ me too please! they are coming nowhere near me. i'd paypal whenever.

got my haze copy today. whats everyone using to remove the sand? i dont have a record cleaning brush and i obviously dont want to fuck up the record. 

Invest $15 in a brush. A few passes with mine and it was virtually sand free. 

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-LP-record-clean-brush/dp/B0006VMBHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405367136&sr=8-1&keywords=record+anti+static+brush

thanks man. dont really have the money for that right now. but saved it in my wishlist. i am going to try using a microfiber cloth and hope it works. 

thanks man. dont really have the money for that right now. but saved it in my wishlist. i am going to try using a microfiber cloth and hope it works. 

This mentality of some record collectors is crazy.  You will spend a ton of money on records but not invest in decent turntables or cleaning.

I run this over every side of a record before I play it to remove any dust etc

This should be common sense