I can get the record way cheaper (and I have). Its just not colored. Not sure where you're going with that.

You're posting on a board where people regularly upload pics of 5-20 versions of the EXACT SAME punk record, just in different colors. And they get huge amounts of likes. So obviously, many vinyl collectors (especially here) DO want the more limited color variant of their particular favorite records... And I'm sure many are willing to spend more to obtain it. Certainly more than the $5 over list that Newbury charges.

My personal examples: Would I pick up a white variant of Backspacer now, or the red variant of Lighting Bolt, for $30 apiece? Most definitely. Sure beats the $150-250 they go for on eBay now. You may balk that Newbury charged people $30 for a Pearl Jam record that was available on Amazon (in black) for $20, but an hour later, those Newbury variants were $150 and up on eBay. (While the black was still $20 on Amazon. Still is today.) If anything, Newbury's price was the bargain of the year for PJ fans.

i ordered one of each. the split will look weird, but the Long Drive color seems pretty suitable.

i'm seeing them tomorrow, so im sure i will be more psyched on my purchase after tomorrow haha

Make sure you hit up the merch table at the show. The glacial pace people were really awesome and informative (they are the sole reason this <duplicate> thread was created). Not to mention, they have all kinds of fun goodies and may even have some of these early. Who knows!? Oh, and enjoy the show. Remember "freebird!"

About to order Long Drive cuz SRC won't let me cancel my LCW order. Anyone know of a discount code for Newbury before I check out?

Unfortunately I searched all morning to no avail. I think they send discounts with their newsletter (but they prob don't work for vinyl anyway).

About to order Long Drive cuz SRC won't let me cancel my LCW order. Anyone know of a discount code for Newbury before I check out?

"Won't let you"? Pay with PayPal? File a claim. Credit card? File a claim. They can't just not let you cancel.

He's saying that you're okay with a regular/cheaper black version for the Modest Mouse albums so why not give up, your now very expensive, clear Pearl Jam album when you can have it on regular/cheaper black vinyl..

I don't have an expensive clear Pearl Jam album. Where are we getting this info from?

You're posting on a board where people regularly upload pics of 5-20 versions of the EXACT SAME punk record, just in different colors. And they get huge amounts of likes. So obviously, many vinyl collectors (especially here) DO want the more limited color variant of their particular favorite records... And I'm sure many are willing to spend more to obtain it. Certainly more than the $5 over list that Newbury charges.

My personal examples: Would I pick up a white variant of Backspacer now, or the red variant of Lighting Bolt, for $30 apiece? Most definitely. Sure beats the $150-250 they go for on eBay now. You may balk that Newbury charged people $30 for a Pearl Jam record that was available on Amazon (in black) for $20, but an hour later, those Newbury variants were $150 and up on eBay. (While the black was still $20 on Amazon. Still is today.) If anything, Newbury's price was the bargain of the year for PJ fans.

All I'm saying is that they're charging up to $7 more (and much more than that for other titles as well) for their colored version while the black version is still in print and not even released yet. I'm not talking about aftermarket tomfoolery and how the limited color becomes flip fodder in an hour. I'm not referring to that at all. That's a separate conversation. Its not the point that people have many color variants and that you would gladly pay the extra money for it. Its the point that there is no reason for their variant to be any more expensive than the standard version unless there is some kind of actual extra material that you might get with the package or licensing or extra fees they must pay to have an exclusive but I highly doubt that. Its just a cash grab feeding off the variant collecting market. "Its LIMITED! ITS COLORED!!! OH MY GOD GET IT NOW OR PAY $$$123,989,192,123 on eBay for something that is the exact same thing as the $22 record only in a different color!!!" And people jump all over it.

At this point, simply by producing an exclusive color variant of an album that was OOP for a long time and in super high demand, they facilitate the crazy flip-ability of these records when we already have inexpensive copies by the bulk. If these were just as unlimited as black I wouldn't have as much of an issue but they're still charging $7 more for differently colored vinyl. To me I'd rather keep the extra cash but everyone can do their own thing. I just think its a ridiculous premium just because the vinyl is colored. That's all I'm saying.

I don't have an expensive clear Pearl Jam album. Where are we getting this info from?

All I'm saying is that they're charging up to $7 more (and much more than that for other titles as well) for their colored version while the black version is still in print and not even released yet. I'm not talking about aftermarket tomfoolery and how the limited color becomes flip fodder in an hour. I'm not referring to that at all. That's a separate conversation. Its not the point that people have many color variants and that you would gladly pay the extra money for it. Its the point that there is no reason for their variant to be any more expensive than the standard version unless there is some kind of actual extra material that you might get with the package or licensing or extra fees they must pay to have an exclusive but I highly doubt that. Its just a cash grab feeding off the variant collecting market. "Its LIMITED! ITS COLORED!!! OH MY GOD GET IT NOW OR PAY $$$123,989,192,123 on eBay for something that is the exact same thing as the $22 record only in a different color!!!" And people jump all over it.

At this point, simply by producing and exclusive color variant of an album that was OOP for a long time and in super high demand, they facilitate the crazy flip-ability of these records when we already have inexpensive copies by the bulk. If these were just as unlimited as black I wouldn't have as much of an issue but they're still charging $7 more for differently colored vinyl. To me I'd rather keep the extra cash but everyone can do their own thing. I just think its a ridiculous premium just because the vinyl is colored.

As always, you have a well-worded and thought out response to your view of today's arguably egregious prices. Though we don't always agree, plus 1.

"Won't let you"? Pay with PayPal? File a claim. Credit card? File a claim. They can't just not let you cancel.

They were just offering store credit, and I only wanted to cancel so I could get it from Glacial Pace for cheaper & more reliable service than SRC. My mistake for not waiting for Glacial Pace's orders to go up. Ohwell, at least I held out on Long Drive and snagged the Newbury exclusive. The mockup on their main page looks great.

They were just offering store credit, and I only wanted to cancel so I could get it from Glacial Pace for cheaper & more reliable service than SRC. My mistake for not waiting for Glacial Pace's orders to go up. Ohwell, at least I held out on Long Drive and snagged the Newbury exclusive. The mockup on their main page looks great.

That's bullshit. You should be able to be allowed to just cancel and get your money back. I'd email them again and make it more clear maybe?

Once again - I think your credit card or Paypal would disagree with them. That's awful.

This is why you don't order from SRC. The curse of the store credit-only refund. Bullshit policy.

This is why you don't order from SRC. The curse of the store credit-only refund. Bullshit policy.

should be glad that they took time to answer. i ordered a record there and figured might as well pick something else at the same time, they send my package with the record i wanted missing and replied after 2 weeks saying "its no longer available" yet, you can still order it from the store. and now people talking about all this..  i remember being very satisfied when i ordered from SRC. What happened?

on the the MM subject though,, any of you guys paid 10$ for the 7'' on GlacialPace??