Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I got my Pale Violet Deluxe in the mail this week. Just gave it a clean and spinning now. Definitely does sound great. My Side D has a bit of noise at the start in the quiet bit which is annoying but clears up pretty quickly and then is fine. Such a beautiful release and great album!

Oh okay.

Haha.  

In all seriousness once it finally arrives, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it all over again.  I've just been trying not to listen because I want to hear it in high quality through my stereo and in my car, fully immersed, and with the artwork in hand.  

But I do notice that with myself, once I discover a new band/release, I'm alllllllllll about it for a while, until I know it through and through, and then I kind of move on to other things that are new to me that I can obsess over while learning them.  It happened with Jakob real bad.  Spent a bunch of money quick on Sines, and CD versions of Subsets and Cale:Drew, and I don't really play those records that often any more.  Jakob is fucking awesome, but its like "Okay, I know this stuff now."  

Which will be nice, because by the time these finally arrive, the album will be totally new to me all over again!  

Haha.  

In all seriousness once it finally arrives, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it all over again.  I've just been trying not to listen because I want to hear it in high quality through my stereo and in my car, fully immersed, and with the artwork in hand.  

But I do notice that with myself, once I discover a new band/release, I'm alllllllllll about it for a while, until I know it through and through, and then I kind of move on to other things that are new to me that I can obsess over while learning them.  It happened with Jakob real bad.  Spent a bunch of money quick on Sines, and CD versions of Subsets and Cale:Drew, and I don't really play those records that often any more.  Jakob is fucking awesome, but its like "Okay, I know this stuff now."  

Which will be nice, because by the time these finally arrive, the album will be totally new to me all over again!  

With most new releases - especially the ones that take forever to get pressed on vinyl and arrive on my doorstep - I do my best to not overplay the leaks or MP3s, if I'm going to listen beforehand.  Just a preference of mine.  New Bermuda was difficult because it's so easy to revisit and has so many nuances that shine with repeated listens.  I'm not as adamant about wanting to listen to it everyday, but there's no way I could've held off if it wasn't for that tour variant.  Not singling you out or accusing you of doing so, but I just find it funny [and annoying] whenever anyone is so quick to proclaim something as "album of the year" or "the pinnacle of this band's work", only to come back a month later, shrugging and boasting that they're "over it".  I've seen it a lot over the years and I guess it just perplexes me.  Maybe I'm just more reserved with my opinions and initial impressions.

You should be really happy with your order whenever it shows up, especially if you opted for a deluxe jacket / U.S. press.