Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

On 8/16/2016 at 2:05 PM, hyperg1ant said:

A lot people wanted a repress of this (especially the self titled album), and the anniversary concerts are around the corner, so, it will be made by Hopeless records. 

PO here: 

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/237439/the-used (1500 copies worldwide)

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/237440/in-love-and-death (1500 copies worldwide)

very nice.  there are now 4 variants of each through different retailers.

On 8/16/2016 at 2:22 PM, travis said:

Picked up one of each.

Hot Topic will have these too but I believe just standard black vinyl

i am surprised with fye and smartpunk getting exclusive variants that HT did not get one as well since they always do.

On 8/16/2016 at 2:26 PM, sawyer said:

Don't think I've ever seen a band exploit capitalize on their anniversary as much as The Used has this year

lol CAPITALIZATION

On 8/16/2016 at 10:22 PM, rhcp02 said:

Grabbed both!! Now they gotta repress lies for the liars & artwork!!

prob in the near future....they already released so much that they need to spread it out but i am sure those will get a repress soon too.

On 8/17/2016 at 0:00 AM, texan4life said:

Approx 817 left of ILAD and 746 left of s/t

more like 150 of each left now.

On 8/17/2016 at 2:35 PM, andrewlucas said:

My sister randomly sent me a picture of her and Bert last night. She met him in Portland. Then she went to the show and said she saw the vinyl there. Shes not too familiar with vinyl so I'm not sure if they were this new pressing or not.

the tour is retail black variants. i saw a photo.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:48 PM, Rottengoth said:

I think he's talking about smartpunk

the website has been fucked lately I got my order in yesterday but I had to refresh a few pages a bunch. I was getting a lot of error messages and I never got a conformation email

same thing with me, so i hope our orders are good.  did yours ship yet from smartpunk?

On 8/22/2016 at 11:03 AM, Tommy said:

Your username sounds like an early-noighties emo band name

lol :D

On 8/26/2016 at 2:07 AM, chamb117 said:

damn, thought i was gonna be able to retire off that self-titled first press.

derek: i'd be in for a cassette.

s/t is a fucking masterpiece. i don't know if i'm going to be listening to anything in 15 years the way i listen to that album still. maybe a couple others. haven't heard a damn thing like it since.

the first 3 albums exist on tape (pic on previous page).  you could easily find them on ebay and discogs.

On 8/29/2016 at 2:34 PM, aron4174 said:

FYE wins for best variant. Don't be fooled by the shitty mockup, this is a very beautiful pressing. 

Their self titled pressing is pretty meh. Typical streaky splatter. Colors don't really pop.

iDDjQtb.jpg?1

i think the mock up looked nicer.  this is more like a red, white, black, blue tye die.  but mockups never look like the real thing.

On 8/29/2016 at 11:56 PM, aron4174 said:

qRZVRjS.jpg?1

i like that splatter...i think all these splatter variants will look like that.  i usually do no like the look of splatter but i think this is more like a star bust or something.  looks very nice to me.

not in reply to qoutes but facts...the first release of ILAD was a picture disc in 12-2004 and the 2nd pressing was a black vinyl in 8-2009 which had the bonus track 'under pressure'.  this pressing but hopeless is the original track listing which i prefer.  self titled could most likely fit on 1 record if they cut some silence out before the hidden track (same thing they did to make imaginary enemy fit on 1 record).  the first pressing also jammed both records into 1 sleeve...this pressing appears to be a gatefold.  i would not be surprised if 1 more variant poped up being how good these are selling.

16 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

has anyone found these at a FYE location? I don't remember it being online only, so catching a movie at the mall tonight, and hopefully will be able to pick up ILAD

I saw them at the FYE by me a few days ago, but didn't realize they were an exclusive until I came home...

10 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Picked up ILAD tonight from FYE and it's absolutely ridiculous the price difference from online (21.99) to instore (29.99) but after having words with them I got 20% off, so it wasn't too bad. Definitely think this variant of ILAD is the best, mines pretty cool.

Their stores are fucking ridiculous.

I've seen single LPs with $40 price tags.