themeconspiracy

Secret Santa 2K17!!!! ***SIGN UP CLOSED!***

Let's do this! Copied last year's and edited to be more current...again.

My name is Juan...or "The Worst Admin/Mod Ever" depending on who you ask. I'm now old enough to know better. Live in South FloriDUH! (NOT Miami!).

I have a three-year old Chiweenie named JJ who is not only my lil' goober but a joy to have around. If you peep my IG (jhulud), you'll see plenty of pics of her being a goofball.

I'm a sucker for all things Deathwish Inc., Hydra Head, and Initial Records (RIP). Three of my favorite labels. I am currently trying. lazily, to complete an Initial Records discography of everything they put out.

Big fan of hardcore and metal, especially the 90's midwest HxC stuff from Louisville, KY. Also really into 90's indie/shoegaze/Brit-pop stuff. Lately I've been into a lot of of the newer bands in the newgaze and dreampop scene. Been listening to a lot of Black Metal and Darkwave lately too.

Favorite bands: NINE INCH NAILS, Converge, Shai Hulud, Minus the Bear, Endpoint, Melvins, 27, ISIS (and anything Aaron Turner-related), Mamiffer, White Zombie, just to name a few. I've been peeping to get a lot of new band shirts so that's an option. Size XL.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift and Christina Aguilera. And also Carly Rae Jepsen.

Books: I tend to be all over the place but I rather like music and band-related biographies and the like.

Star Wars, The ALIEN movies, Anime, and horror movies are a constant. Hellraiser in my all-time favorite horror movie. A few favorite TV shows: LOST, Firefly, The Green Hornet (yes, the 60's show), Dexter, Walking Dead, Fringe. I am also all about anything and everything that Studio Ghibli has done.

Looooooove beer of all types and styles. Really dig checking out new brews from different places. I frequent (a lot) some of the local breweries. I usually gravitate towards stouts, IPAs, and porters but never discriminate. Mmmmmm, beer.

My trade list is probably the best way to get an idea of my favorite bands. If anything, there are a few VCers who know me well, can always ask them for ideas.

Hey folks,

I'm Sasan, 33 years old, from a country far far away. Married to my wonderful wife for 2 years now and we have a beautiful boy who turns 1 on November, 10 (that day last year was easily the best day of my life...regardless of the ridiculous election result somewhere across the ocean). I'm a consultant for one of the biggest IT-companies in the world for almost 5 years now; although I have studied marketing and don't have a clue about the technology. Well, could be worse... :)

I love playing guitar, setting up/changing my gear, playing around with effect pedals and (lately) soldering & creating my own effects. Unfortunately, band-wise I don't play with other musicians since I moved 3 years ago...it seems everybody in this city is only doing worldmusic, singer/songwriter, folk or rap stuff, which I can't stand. I'm rather looking to start something in the prog-rock/art-rock/post-rock direction...maybe with some psychodelic elements...

My favorite bands: Porcupine Tree (or anything Steven Wilson related; I just love almost all the stuff he does; biggest part of my collection is anything SW-related...Bass Communion, Continuum, Blackfield, I.E.M., solo, ), Karnivool, Oceansize, Russian Circles, ISIS, Tool, The Cinematic Orchestra, Opeth (older stuff until Watershed), Soen, Agent Fresco....probably mostly stuff you haven't heard before...

My album of the year has (surprisingly) not been released by Steven Wilson, but by a band I've never heard before: ELDER - Reflections of a Floating World! That record is so ridiculously good that I can't put it in words! I love it and probably listen to it 5x a week!

What I don't like musically: I can't stand anything that has to do with HipHop, EDM, Folk, Punk, any Core, Alternative or Emo...

Miscellaneous: Have been a huge movie fan, but lately (basically since the birth of our son) I rarely switch on the TV. I'm probably the only person who doesn't use (or understand) Instagram and Twitter...I don't get this shit :D Further, I have a crazy passion for the football club (it's football, not soccer...) FC BARCELONA since I've seen Romario play for them when I was a child!

Collection/Tradelist should be found in my signature...

Edited by Sasan