Photo

Third Eye Blind - S/T

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   enjoytheride

enjoytheride
  • LocationLong Island,NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

This has been brought up with every release.

There is a difference between legal and moral.

Get the band's permission or don't put out the record.

Yea..."Every Release". Quite the exaggeration when we are on Release #24 as of now and have had two problems(one of which the band gave me their blessing in person and wanted a variant until their management got involved and wanted to avoid dtr drama)
www.Facebook.com/EnjoyTheRideRecord

Twitter- @EnjoytheridRE

#162 ONLINE   sergeantscruffy

sergeantscruffy
  • LocationArlington, MA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Warner Bros ensured us that they go band/management approval before they grant approval for anything although in this instance that ended up not being true. As stated above, there is no contact info listed on any of the bands websites or social media so that was the only thing I had to go on until they contacted me. As you might imagine, it is not easy to track down personal contact info of most bands members especially major label artists

I don't know why people are giving you such a hard time. It's not like Warner Bros was going to give you Stephan Jenkins cell number.

My trade list
I'm willing to part with almost everything but the Weezer stuff. Make me an offer!

#163 OFFLINE   tellallyourfriends

tellallyourfriends
  • LocationPalatine, IL

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

How many people with labels release records without meeting the band face to face first?

Once you go black you can never resell and get your money back.

#164 OFFLINE   gkersey

gkersey
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

I don't know why people are giving you such a hard time. It's not like Warner Bros was going to give you Stephan Jenkins cell number.

THEN DON'T PUT OUT THE RECORD.

There is a difference between the music as an object and the band as people who create the music, and somewhere along the way, ETR really manages to ignore the latter.

#165 OFFLINE   themean

themean

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Warner Bros ensured us that they go band/management approval before they grant approval for anything although in this instance that ended up not being true. As stated above, there is no contact info listed on any of the bands websites or social media so that was the only thing I had to go on until they contacted me. As you might imagine, it is not easy to track down personal contact info of most bands members especially major label artists

If you can't contact the band, don't try to release the record. It's really that simple.

I don't care how hard it is to contact the band. See above.

#166 OFFLINE   tellallyourfriends

tellallyourfriends
  • LocationPalatine, IL

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Third Eye Blind, Rx Bandits, New Found Glory, Midtown

Once you go black you can never resell and get your money back.

#167 OFFLINE   thomasj182

thomasj182

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

#168 OFFLINE   searos

searos

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Gonna just let people duke this one out why I wait for the finished product and hope it doesn't sound like shit.

#169 OFFLINE   my name is steph

my name is steph
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

ross your site still has HRC on it :(

#170 OFFLINE   themean

themean

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

We don't do preorders like most of the labels talking shit.

From the Enjoy The Ride website front page:

"We have three new records available for pre-order today."

#171 OFFLINE   derkwithano

derkwithano
  • LocationNew Bedford, MA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

THEN DON'T PUT OUT THE RECORD.

There is a difference between the music as an object and the band as people who create the music, and somewhere along the way, ETR really manages to ignore the latter.

If you can't contact the band, don't try to release the record. It's really that simple.

I don't care how hard it is to contact the band. See above.

I could not disagree more. There are so many major label AND non-major label albums that haven't even been pressed (that will never get pressed) to vinyl that I'd love to see pressed. If someone can get in touch with the "owners" of the album (the label), and procure a contract, I say go for it. We as music/vinyl collectors benefit from this. In the case that the band gets in contact with you after you begin the process, and they do not desire you to press it, I say respect their wishes, despite the contract. it sucks, but you have to deal with it.

I really think the whole idea of "don't press it unless you get in touch with the band" is kind of not a solution that can be applied to all situations. Sometimes you need to go down other paths to get the ball rolling, as band members aren't the easiest people to get in touch with.

35912924.png

www.workingmanrecs.com

www.deadformat.net/tradelist/derkwithano

I'm not one for these "cash-back" sites, but Ebates.com is legit. There are plenty of websites you are buying records from that will offer you a cash-back percentage back. Take advantage of this and essentially get your records for less! Sign up here.

#172 OFFLINE   enjoytheride

enjoytheride
  • LocationLong Island,NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

From the Enjoy The Ride website front page:

"We have three new records available for pre-order today."

They shipped literally 3-10 after the orders were places...what else you got to throw at me?

Twitter- @EnjoytheridRE

#173 OFFLINE   enjoytheride

enjoytheride
  • LocationLong Island,NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

ross your site still has HRC on it :(

Andy is super flakey, been talking to him about this for 2 years. Actually spoke to him last week about it again and he is still trying to find the artwork

Twitter- @EnjoytheridRE

#174 OFFLINE   Emo Revival

Emo Revival
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

Boshkung Records Webstore/Facebook / Twitter

BKR 001 - No Such Noise! - Life Goes On 12"

BKR 002 - Everley - Behaviorism 10"

Record Collection

#175 OFFLINE   enjoytheride

enjoytheride
  • LocationLong Island,NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Third Eye Blind, Rx Bandits, New Found Glory, Midtown

We backed out of midtown, new found glory and third eye blind because the band's requested it. Rx bandits, ive explained 20+ times, go to that thread and read the whole situation for those who care.

Also- for what its worth, hot topic licensed midtown from universal without the bands knowledge or consent yet no one really had a problem with that.

Twitter- @EnjoytheridRE

#176 OFFLINE   my name is steph

my name is steph
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Andy is super flakey, been talking to him about this for 2 years. Actually spoke to him last week about it again and he is still trying to find the artwork

the dream is still alive!?!
i really figured that one was dead in the water

#177 OFFLINE   collectivemike

collectivemike
  • LocationHarlem, New York

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

This thread stinks like something, but I'm not sure what...

2ppyb03.jpg

Click here for records by John Nolan, Cassino, Mansions, etc.

My name is Mike. Sometimes I put out records, sometimes I don't. 

#178 OFFLINE   enjoytheride

enjoytheride
  • LocationLong Island,NY

the dream is still alive!?!
i really figured that one was dead in the water

Me too then he randomly emailed me a few months ago saying he just got married and moved into a house so he wants to get this done now. I also spoke to him about potentially the "death in the park" ep but not sure if people would be into it. Ideally i would do both at the same time so people can get both and save on shipping but well see if this actually pans out. I have very little faith in it considering andy has been "into it" since 2010 and has yet to get me anything.

Twitter- @EnjoytheridRE

#179 OFFLINE   themean

themean

They shipped literally 3-10 after the orders were places...what else you got to throw at me?

Your cohort said you don't do preorders.

You do.

#180 OFFLINE   my name is steph

my name is steph
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Me too then he randomly emailed me a few months ago saying he just got married and moved into a house so he wants to get this done now. I also spoke to him about potentially the "death in the park" ep but not sure if people would be into it. Ideally i would do both at the same time so people can get both and save on shipping but well see if this actually pans out. I have very little faith in it considering andy has been "into it" since 2010 and has yet to get me anything.

i'd buy the death in the park EP too, for what it's worth.

wish i had his address. i'd be like andy dufresne, writing a letter a week asking for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users