Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

25 minutes ago, agua said:

If anyone wants more information on the band Issues, they are pretty much woe is me minus two people. Warped tour metal core trying to be relevant in a time where metal core has for the most part dwindled in popularity. I'd give them more shit, but they're friends of mine

Sick reputation score.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I guarantee if you listen to [x band] once you'll never be inclined to hear Issues again

Disagreed.  Some people are past the point of saving, or destined to relish shitty music.  I don't know if it's an engrained disposition that he's forced to live with, but Zay's tastes are basically one gigantic meme.  I will eat my keyboard if he can discover and appreciate one decent band on his own accord, before he turns 40.

Edited by Derek™

18 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Music is subjective, you're saying that in 20 years or so he can't legitimately "discover" a band -for himself- that you think is legit enough? It's kind of funny. 

Obviously tastes are subjective and we could all get in a heated debate over what "good" music even constitutes, but the fact is that the dude is collecting My Little Pony merch and scene-kid vinyl while burying his head in the sand when he's called out on it.  He has no rebuttal or desire to explore anything that can't be found at the "listening station" inside your nearest Hot Topic.  And that's fine: as fun as the jabs are, he's entitled to listen to whatever he wants to.  He's made it very clear that nothing we say will change that.  But considering that's the mentality he's gripping onto, and where he's at as far as musical discovery is concerned... I'm totally okay with that kind of wager and hyperbole.

11 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

How old is this kid? If he's like 16-20 I'm sure he'll grow up and figure shit out. If he's over 23 he's probably fucked.

I think someone said 24.  Hence my confidence – I normally do not chow down on computer hardware, and have no intention of doing so.