PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

What do you have against translucent yellow man?

I don't have anything against, but I feel like I have a dozen records that are that color. Didn't really feel like forking over money now for a pre-order specifically for that color.

I don't think it's gonna be clear gold, the ones I've seen recently seem to have perfected the actual gold color. If it's a plant that hasn't figured it out yet, then the silver isn't gonna be silver either.

The pictures look like clear gold to me (obviously they aren't pics of the actual item), so I could be wrong.

And even if was "clear silver" (not even sure what the hell that would look like) that's something I don't have, so that would be cool.

I don't have anything against, but I feel like I have a dozen records that are that color. Didn't really feel like forking over money now for a pre-order specifically for that color.

The pictures look like clear gold to me (obviously they aren't pics of the actual item), so I could be wrong.

And even if was "clear silver" (not even sure what the hell that would look like) that's something I don't have, so that would be cool.

I meant it will just be gray

Come on guys, at least skim the thread before you start jumping to conclusions.  Numerous people have posted about how SSD is NOT NOT NOT NOT the exclusive distributor of the gold variant.  One page back someone posted that MusicRecordShop.com is putting up their allocation of the gold copies tomorrow, plus there are are handful of European stores selling it online that are linked to right on the very first post.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that SSD was the only online distributor of gold.  I was just stating this was the only retailer I was aware of at the time that had it, and they sold out. Granted, I knew it was one of those situations where you scour the web enough you could get your hands on a gold variant but I'm just glad to have ANY copy, having a limited edition color variant is just the icing on the cake for me.

lets get real here. The original had a 10000 print run and has been scarcely available. 3500 and even 1500 is a pretty small amount, especially if you consider that the Mars volta probably has over 15000 fans who would likely want to buy the album. This is going to sell out and prices will remain elevated for the foreseeable future until another repress, especially with the recent resurgence of vinyl. If you want this album, especially in a limited color, you should probably pre order it.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the silver at $67 USD. Anyone know if the sleeve will be numbered or if it will be numbered on a shitty slip that comes with the vinyl like the last ones I bought off SRC came with?

In my experience, anything limited run Music On Vinyl, has a gold stamped number on the back bottom corner. I read that SRC has the only limited US release which is the silver, and it will be foil stamped and limited to 1500. I'm sure most of the other posters are probably more knowledgable than me but this is what I've encountered with past limited edition vinyl pertaining to MOV.

lets get real here. The original had a 10000 print run and has been scarcely available. 3500 and even 1500 is a pretty small amount, especially if you consider that the Mars volta probably has over 15000 fans who would likely want to buy the album. This is going to sell out and prices will remain elevated for the foreseeable future until another repress, especially with the recent resurgence of vinyl. If you want this album, especially in a limited color, you should probably pre order it.

This is why I'm laughing at people complaining about the price. I would rather spend 45 and get a copy first hand then pay 100+ on a second hand copy that was owned by an infant who didn't know how to take care of an album and probably played it on a crosley with a broken needle.

Also you have to imagine people who own the OG will probably buy one of these because the originals sounded bad and all. The days of 15 dollar big name represses are probably over.

The gold is listed as a preorder on Juno: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-mars-de-loused-in-the-comatorium/529836-01/

I've ordered all my MOV releases from them, they ship quick to the West Coast and packaged well. 

$34 is a better price, but i cant seem to find a PO button for that? 

This is why I'm laughing at people complaining about the price. I would rather spend 45 and get a copy first hand then pay 100+ on a second hand copy that was owned by an infant who didn't know how to take care of an album and probably played it on a crosley with a broken needle.

Also you have to imagine people who own the OG will probably buy one of these because the originals sounded bad and all. The days of 15 dollar big name represses are probably over.

With MOV's history of doing great presses with excellent sound quality, this new more limited release will likely be the desired press, especially because the old silver picture discs sounded like crap (and still commanded a 300 dollar premium in mint condition).