PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Pretty much the first time I've ever considered selling my OP but probably won't be able bring myself to do it. Will be curious to hear how the new pressing sounds though..

I thought about it too but my original is worth more to me than what they're selling for now. This and the deluxe FTM were my first records. I'll buy a black copy of this when I see one in a store.

I'm about to pull the trigger. Somebody stop me, please. It's about to be $400 I've spent in just a few days.

if you're pulling trigger on a black copy there is really no rush. I would wait and see what the band is doing. (I know, they've been teasing us for years.) You will be able to get a black MOV very easily for a while.

Im struggling to believe that 3500 copies of deloused on gold have sold out worldwide though (I get the silver was a more limited release but as it was taylored more for the US crowd I would assume the gold wont have sold as big in the US? maybe? cross fingers).

Considering mother love bone was 1500 and STP tiny music was 2500 and they were both sought after records globally that commanded pretty big prices in the used market and were all available in their colour variants for a while locally. Im feeling hopeful for gold deloused!

This post is really about trying to reassure myself for the next month that I have the gold... which in all honesty due to sleeping on this I probably dont :o.

from what i understand, the OP was exclusively released in the US.

if this is true, that means a UK pressing is in high demand for US citizens.

3500 isn't a lot considering the population of the UK, i can easily see that number selling out in no time to a country that didn't have a chance at owning it on vinyl ever before.

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a first press and sold it when I got the boot. Boot sounds wayyyy better. Looking forward to this one.

Really?  You sold your OG press when you bought that crappy Euro Boot?  That thing was a straight up lossy mp3 rip from what i could tell. I got rid of it as soon as i heard what it sounded like and took pics for the Coma. 

Now, the original doesn't sounds AMAZING, except that its an amazing album :-) , but that bootleg was bad.

I'm hoping my silver and my gold copies sound as good or better than the orig.  My partner got the black re-issue so I'll get to compare all 3! 

I think the orig was just too thick on the silver or something. 

Maybe somewhere here can "educate me" about the why the orig doesn't sound so good?

(Also, happy to make my first post in the forums and not just the sell/trade section) :D