SRC Pre-Order - Everclear (The Very Best of)

This is a bummer. I listen to World of Noise and Sparkle and Fade pretty regularly, and the majority of their pre-00s singles are great. I am of the opinion that World of Noise would be a revered 90's indie rock record if they hadn't made a mockery of themselves, such as with this 'greatest hits' release.

The last 10+ years of Everclear (well, really Art's desperate bid to stay a "rock star") have made me ashamed for ever liking this band in the first place. I actually interviewed him years ago around S&F. He was already a bit dickish even then, but damn intelligent at the same time. (And his hatred of Bush really amused me.) Anyway, it was easy to tell that that attitude could curdle into full-blown douchebaggery once the sales dried up.

S&F *should* be repressed as it's a fantastic record... Great songs and almost punk production, not near as glossy as the stuff to follow. Similar to A Boy Named Goo. The years and years of cheese make you forget how good those bands USED to be....