Brand New - Deja Entendu

As an employee of a record store, I have to say that this guy isn't completely in the wrong. We truly don't know how many copies of any given title we have until we receive our shipments with the invoice (unless we get e-mailed an invoice at the time of shipping). We put in an order for what we want, titles get allocated, and we receive whatever they send us.

This is the most hectic week of the year for record stores, and it's hard not to get a little frustrated over things at times. The shop I work at got like half of our RSD titles today, only days before RSD. Not saying he should've been rude if he was, but it can get frustrating at times when responding to the same question so many times every day leading up to RSD, especially when you don't always know the definite answer. So to call them "fucks" for not responding to a question that they may very well not know the answer to is a little harsh.

I spend my whole day getting asked by tourists if we have a bathroom. We don't. Even if I come off as rude by the 23rd person, it's still not someone who is going to be shopping with us.

Knowing that most stores started getting shipment weeks ago, it didn't seem likely that they would still be waiting on them.

But the annoyance was far more with the next guy who couldn't just say yes or no- told me to look it up myself.

"Sir, do you have this shirt in a medium?"

"I don't know. Go check my website."

I spend my whole day getting asked by tourists if we have a bathroom. We don't. Even if I come off as rude by the 23rd person, it's still not someone who is going to be shopping with us.

Knowing that most stores started getting shipment weeks ago, it didn't seem likely that they would still be waiting on them.

But the annoyance was far more with the next guy who couldn't just say yes or no- told me to look it up myself.

"Sir, do you have this shirt in a medium?"

"I don't know. Go check my website."

The annoyance is definitely understandable then.  I would never say that or be that blunt toward a customer.

I have this weekend off. Funny how it worked out. Honestly thinking I might get in line around 6 am for an 8 am opening. Weathers supposed to be crazy nice, so why not?

Having been more deliberate and selective about my record purchases starting at the beginning of the year, I think there's nothing that is absolutely necessary (as far as 'wants' go) at this year's RSD. Have the day off and everything, just nothing that really makes me excited

Edit: from the 5-6 comments above mine, forgot this was the Dijon thread

I went a year or two ago and apparently the people at the front of the line got there at like 3-4am. I got there an hour and a half before doors opened and it took me over an hour to even get inside.

damn. Well, as long as I can snag the Foo Fighters 10" and Every Time I Die's 7" I'll be happy.

As an employee of a record store, I have to say that this guy isn't completely in the wrong.  We truly don't know how many copies of any given title we have until we receive our shipments with the invoice (unless we get e-mailed an invoice at the time of shipping).  We put in an order for what we want, titles get allocated, and we receive whatever they send us.

This is the most hectic week of the year for record stores, and it's hard not to get a little frustrated over things at times.  The shop I work at got like half of our RSD titles today, only days before RSD.  Not saying he should've been rude if he was, but it can get frustrating at times when responding to the same question so many times every day leading up to RSD, especially when you don't always know the definite answer.  So to call them "fucks" for not responding to a question that they may very well not know the answer to is a little harsh.

Working in a Record Store I agree wholeheartedly to every word this gentleman said. People need to chill, we do everything we can to make as many people happy as we can.