Urban Outfitters Exclusive tightly packed, bent corner vinyl

I'm not sure if this is true for all locations, however, my local UO (Urban Outfitters) has recently more than tripled their inventory of exclusive tightly packed, bent corner vinyl.  Used to be just one shelf of Haim and Dr. Dre LPs but they now have sections for noticeably mishandled Indie, Rock, Jazz and Soul, and Electronic/Pop records.  I also spotted some used records- The Cars, Aerosmith, Bob Dylan, U2, some other classic rock bands- that were labeled with a "vintage vinyl" sticker on the album's nicked and shelf-damaged cover.  Anyway, I figured I would start a new thread for folks to post release news, damaged product purchase stories, and eventual mass clearance sale info in 2015/2016.

The main point I was trying to make is that they do a terrible job of keeping their overpriced inventory in decent condition. Even if they stocked albums I'd buy, I'd have trouble paying $26-40 for an album that was likely tossed around & smashed into the front lip of a cramped cubby. But Hot Topic stores haves the same problem so it's prob unfair to single out any one big chain store for treating/mistreating records like novelty books and mugs.

Guest stl_ben.

Getting pretty tired of employees (or customers I'm not sure) taking off the plastic wrap and beating the covers to shit and STILL not selling at a discount price. I saw a copy of Pure Heroine the other day, completely open, the record was bent and ripped and they were still selling it for $30.

Wow, how do you reckon somebody managed to bend and rip a record?

This thread is dumb, but it does remind me that I need to complain about how some record stores just cram so many records into the shelves to where you can't even browse through it without picking up each individual record. Reckless Records does it best, putting the empty sleeves on the shelf and leaving the records behind the counter.

#chrissedoff

This thread is dumb, but it does remind me that I need to complain about how some record stores just cram so many records into the shelves to where you can't even browse through it without picking up each individual record. Reckless Records does it best, putting the empty sleeves on the shelf and leaving the records behind the counter.

#chrissedoff

Yeah I agree with this about Reckless, however the last time I was there and bought a record they gave me a brand new copy that wasn't the actual sleeve that was on the floor. Which made me happy cause the record was a flimsy bootleg that had been damaged by customers, but I wanted it regardless ha.

Edit: How did I get here?

Bash UO all you want, it shouldn't be the first place you go to buy records

I've had the best experience with UO, probably because it's a smller boutique wanna be version. Found My Bloody Valentine Plain Records 03 for 9.99$ & Lou Reed for 9.99$ and they do have cool variants time to time, I've got that Twin Shadow OJ translucent and they also had the Sky Ferreira green variant which a bunch of us group bought when they had the spend 150 get 50$ off which ultimately saved us like 7$-10$ bucks off the record shipped, just had to go out and fish for it. They even took in damaged vinyl for an exchange.