Jason Tate: "Yes, vinyl prices are going up. No, I don't feel bad."

Maybe it's time to accept that vinyl at the moment is seen as a novelty and collectible and not a music format. 

I say it over and over: the reason my collection is so large is because when I started buying in the 80s/90s it was 10x cheaper to buy on vinyl than cassette and cd. I was looking the other day at my copy of Slint "Spiderland" and it still has a $2 price tag on the back. I bought all my music on vinyl so that I could have 5 items for the price of a cd. 

In the past year I have scaled back my buying of vinyl exponentially correlating with the ridiculous rise in prices. I'm not immune from the occasional vinyl splurge but I'm killing it at my local used book store where they have binders of cds for $1. 

If the physical format is more important than the music then you'll have to roll along with Brother Tate and eat the cost. My advice: get your consumer habits in check and go for the cheaper option whenever the music holds no nostalgia. 

Now, I know I'll get a bunch of "It sounds better" bullshit. Nothing I've bought in 30+ years of buying vinyl justifies me reaching into my pocket for a marginal record and paying $30 when the cd can be had for $1 used. 

I know this has probably been addressed  a few times before but what did you do to be so hated over there cwhit? I applaud you for doing so because AP sucks a big fat weiner

hahaha, just a bunch of things. most of which stemmed from when i was 17 or 18 so but people like to keep grudges, hah. 

speaking my mind when people didn't quite agree with me was one of them. weird controversial viewpoints, idk. most of it was dumb immaturity from when i was younger haha. 

also this thread. this was fun. shows off jason's hypocrisy to the max. http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100161

"fuck you for posting a link to a tumblr for a song that our site was going to premier but it's okay if we do the same to a leaked track"

hahaha, just a bunch of things. most of which stemmed from when i was 17 or 18 so but people like to keep grudges, hah. 

speaking my mind when people didn't quite agree with me was one of them. weird controversial viewpoints, idk. most of it was dumb immaturity from when i was younger haha. 

also this thread. this was fun. shows off jason's hypocrisy to the max. http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100161

you were just a cretin that ruined every thread you walked into its okay be straight wit em boo

Well, you used to spell Music as "Muzik" in your screen name for a long time. My guess is that they assumed you were a Limp Bizkit loving juggalo or something. Z in place of an S totally evokes a negative response regardless of character or content. 

Well, you used to spell Music as "Muzik" in your screen name for a long time. My guess is that they assumed you were a Limp Bizkit loving juggalo or something. Z in place of an S totally evokes a negative response regardless of character or content. 

muzik is to me as absolutepunk is to jason tate. a dumb website name choice when we were young

Ha ha. He'd never admit that. 

he's said multiple times he hates the name and wishes he could change it, hahaha.

it's literally on his website profile. http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=1083

this sounds exactly like what my situation was!

Hey, yeah, I know the name of this website sucks. I was 15 when I created it, cut me some slack.