Video game OSTs

That guy needs to do a lot of climbing to get to a high enough level to stoop back down though.

well coming on here and bickering with people isn't going to do much good. he's just going to have to accept criticism and move on. nobody's forcing anyone to buy any of these releases. if you're against it, then don't buy them.

take a step back. you're just being trolled now. don't stoop to their level. if you're fine w/ what you're doing, keep doing it. don't let this place bother you. i bought your zelda release and really enjoy it. 

Who shined the bat signal in this thread?

Or do you just periodically pop in here for the prospect of a Dark Souls OST?

well coming on here and bickering with people isn't going to do much good. he's just going to have to accept criticism and move on. nobody's forcing anyone to buy any of these releases. if you're against it, then don't buy them.

It'snot about liking it or not liking it... it's about legality, and the fact that other bootleg threads have been locked before. The fact that this one operates in a secret email club that people are banned from if they talk about it is a pretty big hint that this is not legit. 

I see ShipToShore Phono Company lurking and giving certain posts +1. When will they come out of lurk status and continue the bashing of the non-professional bootlegger like they are constantly doing on social media.

Also - STS what is the deal with 6-Month Pre-orders and $40 price tags?

Ha I wasnt even aware they did this, but heres a funny post they tried to "out me" on where I sold my last copy of mega man 2 on discogs

https://instagram.com/p/3pgGsFp6vq/?taken-by=stsphonoco

which they clearly were unaware that I specifically gave all the proceeds to charity

http://imgur.com/a/UFVYc#0

also I dont want to spam up yalls board with all this argument shit, and ill let yall hate on my stuff as much as you want but Im not gonna sit back and let people call me a liar.

sorry to start such a storm, I just wanted people to know where I was coming from

rooks, on 27 Aug 2015 - 7:30 PM, said:snapback.png

It'snot about liking it or not liking it... it's about legality, and the fact that other bootleg threads have been locked before. The fact that this one operates in a secret email club that people are banned from if they talk about it is a pretty big hint that this is not legit.

WHO THE FUCK CARES IF IT'S LEGAL OR NOT OTHER THAN YOU?!

IT'S HAPPENING. WHO CARES IF IT'S "SHADY" MOVE THE FUCK ON AND FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO BITCH ABOUT. 

LOLOL good move deleting your crybaby fit. Everyone should care. Do you care about music? Do you care about artists getting paid? You should...

Who shined the bat signal in this thread?

Or do you just periodically pop in here for the prospect of a Dark Souls OST?

i'd love that

what difference does it make?

Now it truly is getting to a useless point on this thread.

All I want to see is the guy to stop being weasley with his business tactics. If you aren't afraid of being shut down, stop the secret email club bullshit. Don't blacklist people who you don't like. Act like a professional. Make it legit. I just don't want to see another meltdown situation on this board where some guy tries to do too much, gets in way over his head and falls apart with everyone's money in limbo. Some of these lovely people who now dislike me because of my opinion on this thread will buy your stuff regardless of the quality of your business practices. If it takes me annoying the shit out of you to make sure you're a bit more legit about what you do, so be it. I have no interest in buying your records - this isn't personal.

Can't you read.Almost everything you point out has been answered a page back. There is NO money in limbo I already told you. It goes up pretty random and you order and the shipping is like almost instantly. How would you do this legit if you dont have a license, this is the safest way. It"s not super secret, if you follow this thread and do a little research you can find out where to contact him. I don't think people got banned just because he didn't like them, just a guess though. 

Rooks, the people that created the music get paid, just not the rights holders which usually are licensing groups that buy them or get them via deals/contracts the artist cant get out.

Just because the money is "going to charity" doesn't make it fair to the people that created it...

i get that, but arguing back and forth with this dude isn't going to change anything. the releases are still coming out. he hasn't been shutdown. and it sounds like future releases will be legit.

if it's something you want and

a. you're morally against it--don't buy it and move on

or

b. you're not morally against it--buy it and enjoy your video game music on vinyl

everyone here likes option c: turning this thread into a shitstorm over video game vinylz bootlegz zomg everytime this shit comes up.

Just because the money is "going to charity" doesn't make it fair to the people that created it...

The people that created the music, get NO MONEY from a license. A vast majority of them own no rights to their own music, as almost every japanese game composer pre 21st century was a contractor, therefore a license is a moot point in a paying the creators argument.

Also all my upcoming releases are licensed and Ill still be donating to the creators regardless.

How many other companies with licenses give ANYTHING to the original creators btw? 

I see this whole thing as -

1. these soundtracks wouldn't even happen to begin with -

2. he gives money to the composers/charities -

3. There have always been such a thing as bootleg vinyl records.

4. If annefrankzappa incurs the risk of legal action, why should a random persons opinion on a message board against the whole operation matter or sway his actions. He assumes all risk.

And, please - this is not going to be a MTS/Virgil situation - those guys had multiple records going on at one time and it got to be too much. It looks to me like Moonshake records releases 1 record at a time and has always come through - there is no 6-month wait/turn around.

This is how I see it, and I don't even own any of the releases.

I see this whole thing as -

1. these soundtracks wouldn't even happen to begin with -

2. he gives money to the composers/charities -

3. There have always been such a thing as bootleg vinyl records.

4. If annefrankzappa incurs the risk of legal action, why should a random persons opinion on a message board against the whole operation matter or sway his actions. He assumes all risk.

And, please - this is not going to be a MTS/Virgil situation - those guys had multiple records going on at one time and it got to be too much. It looks to me like Moonshake records releases 1 record at a time and has always come through - there is no 6-month wait/turn around.

This is how I see it, and I don't even own any of the releases.

Can you please loan me some of your foresight? I'd like to buy a few lottery tickets.