Video game OSTs

It's not vinyl, but this new special edition of Deadly Premonition comes with a CD of the soundtrack as well as some extra goodies. And hey, it's only a little more than some of these vinyl soundtracks.

http://store.nisamerica.com/deadly-premonition-classified-edition?&utm_source=PrinnyBomb&utm_medium=email&utm_content=textlink2&utm_campaign=DeadlyPremonition

Damn. I would buy the hell out of this is it were vinyl. This soundtrack is too good. 

I've gotta say, I'm not really digging the fact that all of the covers this guy has for his presses are nods to completely random classic albums. I guess I just don't get it. Just because the music is on vinyl, and music on vinyl is typically like... regular albums... so... we'll design the covers like famous albums.....

Yyyeeeeaaahhh I dunno, I'd rather he just makes a classy and simple design that fits the tone of the game. Like, if I owned that Castlevania soundtrack, it would just be awkward to me that the cover spoofs London Calling. Like... why? What's the connection to that album in particular? Why London Calling? Couldn't it at least be an album that has some sort of marginal connection to the source material?

It makes me feel like the Pokemon soundtrack should be beatles-styled pokemon covers, castlemania should be punk-styled castlevania covers, zelda should be pink floyd-style zelda tracks... but no. It's just... because "HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT!"

I've gotta say, I'm not really digging the fact that all of the covers this guy has for his presses are nods to completely random classic albums. I guess I just don't get it. Just because the music is on vinyl, and music on vinyl is typically like... regular albums... so... we'll design the covers like famous albums.....

Yyyeeeeaaahhh I dunno, I'd rather he just makes a classy and simple design that fits the tone of the game. Like, if I owned that Castlevania soundtrack, it would just be awkward to me that the cover spoofs London Calling. Like... why? What's the connection to that album in particular? Why London Calling? Couldn't it at least be an album that has some sort of marginal connection to the source material?

It makes me feel like the Pokemon soundtrack should be beatles-styled pokemon covers, castlemania should be punk-styled castlevania covers, zelda should be pink floyd-style zelda tracks... but no. It's just... because "HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT!"

Some people are too insecure in their own art to be wholly original. Not saying that guy is a bad artist, but his instagram strikes me as one of those people who reverts to cliche to avoid criticism of something he genuinely came up with.

Some people are too insecure in their own art to be wholly original. Not saying that guy is a bad artist, but his instagram strikes me as one of those people who reverts to cliche to avoid criticism of something he genuinely came up with.

Nailed it. The guy's decent in his craft and very productive. Way more productive than a lot of artists I've seen. Plus, he's doing a pretty cool thing. I'm sure in his head there is a very good reason why he spoofs classic album covers, and honestly, I think it's pretty cool. I especially loved the Zelda one. Can't please everyone, I guess. 

I think this guy goes out of his way to make albums illegally that he knows people will want.

Would I like an actual Pokemon cover, yes.

But what I really want is the music, I don't care if he put them in creed covers just so you all had to have that sitting in your collection.

I think this guy goes out of his way to make albums illegally that he knows people will want.

Would I like an actual Pokemon cover, yes.

But what I really want is the music, I don't care if he put them in creed covers just so you all had to have that sitting in your collection.

I have no interest in 8bit music on vinyl but I can't ignore this. To me these releases would only ever be interesting on vinyl given the proper presentation because I seriously didn't think anyone was excited to listen to a crackly version of a song that will probably sound better on your calculator. Would you seriously spend whatever stupid price that Pokemon record was if it came in a generic sleeve on black vinyl?

I have no interest in 8bit music on vinyl but I can't ignore this. To me these releases would only ever be interesting on vinyl given the proper presentation because I seriously didn't think anyone was excited to listen to a crackly version of a song that will probably sound better on your calculator. Would you seriously spend whatever stupid price that Pokemon record was if it came in a generic sleeve on black vinyl?

Sadly, the answer to that question isn't what you hope it is.

I absolutely would.

Pretty spot on. The Pokemon one is probably the worst one. It really highlights how mediocre the guy is at drawing.

Not a lot of people are defending his art. I kind of don't care, I just want the music (although that banksy one is pretty good).

Can't people just let people be happy that they get something they normally would never have. Also give the guy a break he is doing this as honest as he can, if you don't like it do it yourself or make yourself a cover. I don't like some stuff on other topics but I don't rain on other people's parade.