Video game OSTs

Time when it goes live?

I think 1pm EST. That's when the remaining copies of the Mother 1 OST go up for sale. Here's what the Kickstarter update said:

'Tomorrow at 1PM EST the remaining copies of the MOTHER OST vinyl and CD will be up for sale on our web store (http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/). There will be very limited quantites of both the red and white variants. Unfortunately we cannot switch out variants on any Kickstarter pledges. 

But now some news.. there will be an official announcement shortly, but we wanted to let you all know first... 

We are incredibly excited to officially announce that we will be releasing MOTHER 2: ギーグの逆修 (MOTHER 2: Gyiyg Strikes Back!) for the first time in the west and for the first time on vinyl. Pre-order will start tomorrow  and we are expecting it to ship January 2016, not too long after MOTHER comes out! 

This is similar in packaging to MOTHER. Each 2xLP will be housed in a heavyweight old style tip on jacket with an authentic Japanese OBI strip. The gatefold features the original art and clay models lovingly redesigned for the beautiful 12'' format for ultimate enjoyment.'

I think $40 is a reasonable price for the package, it's 2xLP, gatefold, choice of 4 colors and an OBI... sure that's $5 more than the iam8bit releases...  but the shipping will probably be cheaper.

Also, this is Earthbound, Nintendo soundtracks on vinyl have been virtually non-existent since the 80's.

Let's stop lying to ourselves. $40 is the Mondo price. Plenty of people are able to pull off what Ship to Shore is doing for around $25. $25 is a reasonable price, but given the current state of vinyl$, $30 is more likely. 

Given that they are a new player in the game (Both Mondo and 8-bit have has galleries for a long time) I would expect to be paying a little lower than Mondo prices.I agree with you that it's not outrageous, but it's also not doing them any favors. Colors and fancy shit don't cost THAT much when your doing things per unit. If you want to buy it, no one is stopping you, but I think the sentiments of those who think it's way too much are pretty vaild as well. 

You do you boo. Let others do them.