PO: MOV Korn Discography

So the S/T is also up on Music Record Shop; per the thread linked below you can get 20% off with the code "dustin2014", plus free shipping.  

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104535-20-off-musicrecordshopcom/

Total comes out to about $32 if you don't have tax. Pretty sweet deal. I'm regretting jumping the gun on SSD now. Has anyone had success canceling orders from them?

Thanks for the code! I love the color of this, I think it works well with the artwork. Was going to wait, but the discount with the code made it worth it to me to pull the trigger.

You know what gets me... And i know it's been said thousands of times on this board but I must vent... When I see a price tag of 44.99 for a MOV record that I can go to my local record shop and snag for $34.99. I'm done ordering from these online retailers who inflate the price of these limited variants to stuff there pockets. My brick and mortar record shop has probably got a lot more monthly overhead than some of these online retailers, but yet manages to keep prices at a somewhat reasonable level for these imported releases. Last month they had 3-4 copies of TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium for a reasonable price.

Hats of too Sonic Boom in Toronto!!!

Maybe I should've been more clear. Why is it that some online stores charge more for the coloured variant than the black press when it goes up. I could almost guarantee that they are getting the coloured for the same price.

Actually in most cases it costs more to press on colored vinyl vs. black vinyl. The exception usually being the "leftover color vinyl" option where it's random.

This is what happens when you pre-order through Amazon.ca :(

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 01, 2014. We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Korn "Korn (Vinyl)"
Estimated arrival date: September 03, 2014 - September 22, 2014

You know what gets me... And i know it's been said thousands of times on this board but I must vent... When I see a price tag of 44.99 for a MOV record that I can go to my local record shop and snag for $34.99. I'm done ordering from these online retailers who inflate the price of these limited variants to stuff there pockets. My brick and mortar record shop has probably got a lot more monthly overhead than some of these online retailers, but yet manages to keep prices at a somewhat reasonable level for these imported releases. Last month they had 3-4 copies of TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium for a reasonable price.

Hats of too Sonic Boom in Toronto!!!

It all depends on what wholesale cost stores are getting from distributors. For example, the distributor I used for Mars Volta's Amputechture colored MOV release charged me $34.29 before shipping for each unit (this was also the only place I could find some for purchase). With shipping charges and paypal fees, not much is left as far as profit when I'm charging $44.99 each. I have tried many distributors through the years and I can tell you with how the prices vary, you can't always blame the distro/label for what looks like an inflated price. I didn't stock these Korn releases so I have no idea what the wholesale cost was for those.