OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I usually wear the same clothes two days in a row. So whatever I wear to a concert is what I wore the day before. NO EXCEPTIONS

My outside of work "uniform":

Jeans. (I usually own two pairs at a time. I do not wash them unless they get something on them. that's a free tip to you guys. they'll last longer)

T-shirt (often plain white.)

Sweater if chilly.

Hoodie and coat if it's cold.

Occasionally a beanie.

I own 8 shirts, they are usually worn in the same rotation, and 3 pairs of pants. One pair of wide strip corduroys, pair of dark brown khakis, and a pair of slacks in case I need to go to a funeral.

Edit: all pants are washed probably bi weekly, or when they are close to the dirty laundry when I am getting them ready to wash.

Yes. I was going to say this, but didn't in case I was just old or judgmental for thinking that when I used to go to shows it was looked down upon to wear the headlining band's merch.

There was one guy at the Boston show that had on green lace up boots, a military style vest with some sort of painted keywork with writing that said like "COTF Army" or something, a Coheed shirt, bandana and a dyed green mohawk. He obviously spent more time thinking about his outfit than I did haha. There was another dude too who had to tuck in his Coheed shirt just in the front, so you could see his huge keywork belt buckle.

It's a little over-the-top. But whatever floats your boat I guess. i don't need to prove my fandom to anyone, and if those people have to, then go for it.

I'll say it ...

total neckbeard convention. 

Coheed's fanbase is very ... unique. I can't really hate on them for liking Coheed, cause I love Coheed (the rest of their music taste usually seems to be clichely bad - the moment when they covered J.E.W. for the acoustic song and the girl in front of me says "who is this?" ugh). But at the same time I'm not decked out in C & C gear, have a keywork tattoo, and are in line arguing about the story line. I feel like there is this certain group that gravitates towards them and that being that group of socially awkward, smokes a pack a day, hot topic frequenting teenagers / young adults who haven't grown up. A lot of the people at my show were loud, obnoxious (trying to get everyone in line to sing a chorus for a fucking vine video), decked out in Coheed merch from 2001, and I talked to the couple who were immediately in front of me, and damn they were young. A good 10 years younger than me. I thought to myself, damn these kids were only 7 when IKSSE:3 came out. I digress, so what I'm saying is that their whole fan base isn't shit, but damnit if it isn't a large majority of goofballs and neckbeards (yah, I'm sure some of they are completely nice and maybe even awesome people). It's not exactly like I'm not socially awkward at times or fucking goofy, but god damn.

I'll say it ...

total neckbeard convention. 

Coheed's fanbase is very ... unique. I can't really hate on them for liking Coheed, cause I love Coheed (the rest of their music taste usually seems to be clichely bad - the moment when they covered J.E.W. for the acoustic song and the girl in front of me says "who is this?" ugh). But at the same time I'm not decked out in C & C gear, have a keywork tattoo, and are in line arguing about the story line. I feel like there is this certain group that gravitates towards them and that being that group of socially awkward, smokes a pack a day, hot topic frequenting teenagers / young adults who haven't grown up. A lot of the people at my show were loud, obnoxious (trying to get everyone in line to sing a chorus for a fucking vine video), decked out in Coheed merch from 2001, and I talked to the couple who were immediately in front of me, and damn they were young. A good 10 years younger than me. I thought to myself, damn these kids were only 7 when IKSSE:3 came out. I digress, so what I'm saying is that their whole fan base isn't shit, but damnit if it isn't a large majority of goofballs and neckbeards (yah, I'm sure some of they are completely nice and maybe even awesome people). It's not exactly like I'm not socially awkward at times or fucking goofy, but god damn.

milhouse-mom-says-im-cool.jpg

Of all the shows I've been to in all my years, esp. here in S. Florida, I have to say that the majority of fans of these bands are the worst:

Thrice

Brand New

Co&Ca

Absolute worst. Obnoxious and always trying to one-up each other as who is super fan #1. As if the bands give a rat's ass that you know every lyric, have every shirt, own every single precious record (oops, sorry, vinyl), and hit every show since you were 5 years old.

FUCK YOU!

Of all the shows I've been to in all my years, esp. here in S. Florida, I have to say that the majority of fans of these bands are the worst:

Thrice

Brand New

Co&Ca

Absolute worst. Obnoxious and always trying to one-up each other as who is super fan #1. As if the bands give a rat's ass that you know every lyric, have every shirt, own every single precious record (oops, sorry, vinyl), and hit every show since you were 5 years old.

FUCK YOU!

yo, not cool

i just typed a whole long rant about how insufferable most Coheed fans are because they make it their whole identity, but my computer crashed and it all went away. So fuck.

Going to see them tonight for the 11th time. Don't think I can afford the peach variant but I have the gray on the way so I'm not too bummed.

When I went and seen Coheed in Philly there were a lot of people wearing Coheed stuff and apparently some were part of a Facebook group because they just kept screaming about it.

I just went there wearing an At The Drive-In shirt, I got a Coheed hoodie near the end of the show and I only wore it outside because it started to rain, then some homeless dudes tried to sell me concert shirts.

When I went and seen Coheed in Philly there were a lot of people wearing Coheed stuff and apparently some were part of a Facebook group because they just kept screaming about it.

I just went there wearing an At The Drive-In shirt, I got a Coheed hoodie near the end of the show and I only wore it outside because it started to rain, then some homeless dudes tried to sell me concert shirts.

After this show I now own my first coheed shirt in 10 years. I hesitate to wear it most places I go though, because I don't want any fanboys cornering me to talk about them. I love me a good black and white raglan though.

That would probably be the Coheed Love group on FB.  It's awful.  The worst of the fanbase jammed in one shitty group, minus a few good eggs.  Ugh.

Thrice

Brand New

Co&Ca

FUCK YOU!

I love how we are all brought together like a tight-knit family over our hate for obnoxious CoCa fanboys/girls. Amen!