I'm sure $50 isn't the final price, but no album should be priced that high. Just because OG pressings sell for stupid money doesn't mean the reissues should.

List price probably ends up around $25-$30. 

lets not forget we know NOTHING about this... maybe its in a box? 200 gram? tip on cover? how the hell can price even be an issue when this is, again i say, based on 2 posts on the vlv and vc board and random overseas amazon listings. 

how the hell can price even be an issue when this is, again i say, based on 2 posts on the vlv and vc board and random overseas amazon listings. 

Because everyone is reporting on Amazon listings as their source, which is a terrible idea.  The price on Amazon listings fluctuate greatly - especially with pre-orders as their release draws closer.  Until Glacial Pace comes out and lists the MSRP, Amazon may as well be guessing the price with the rest of us.

90% of my posts are just good natured ribbing from someone who over the course of time tracked down and paid handsomely for OGs of these and am grumpy that now any joe schmoe can go buy one...

Represses have been inevitable for quite some time and I'd rather wait than pay more than $100 for any record.

lets not forget we know NOTHING about this... maybe its in a box? 200 gram? tip on cover? how the hell can price even be an issue when this is, again i say, based on 2 posts on the vlv and vc board and random overseas amazon listings. 

I know. I wasn't really specifically talking about this release, just your comment on how it's alright to price reissues high when OG pressings fetch a lot. 

As I mentioned in my first post, this record will most likely not be priced around $50, so I'm just going to wait for another source before I start complaining about the price being too high.

I know. I wasn't really specifically talking about this release, just your comment on how it's alright to price reissues high when OG pressings fetch a lot. 

As I mentioned in my first post, this record will most likely not be priced around $50, so I'm just going to wait for another source before I start complaining about the price being too high.

i guess i wasnt really commenting on it being ok per se, more how it was silly to complain about the price when waiting for a reissue saved you $300

GREAT another old fuck acting like a 13 year old on a message board. haha

*thumbs up*

Age matters when it comes to collecting guys.  "You must be THIS old to know a lot."

duh! 

You've been trying to sell the Lonesome Crowded West forever, better let it go now before it's too late and people catch wind! Or were you just swinging your dick around teasing people in the sale forum? Seems like something an adult would be above.

i had 2... 

sold the lesser copy months ago on discogs and made about $75 profit...