What's your White Whale record?

Really, a regular pressing of More Betterness is your white whale? I don't think most people in this thread understand the meaning of a white whale.

The meaning of white whale has been discussed but some don't seem to adhere to it and want to change the meaning.

Really, a regular pressing of More Betterness is your white whale? I don't think most people in this thread understand the meaning of a white whale.

Well its not for sale anywhere at any price. Not on ebay nor amazon. No VC'er I have seen has had one for sale. Sorry its not some super obscure record but in terms of being a "white whale" I have hunted for it only to find it sol out everywhere with no used copies picking up.

What was I supposed to say something by Brand New?

Well its not for sale anywhere at any price. Not on ebay nor amazon. No VC'er I have seen has had one for sale. Sorry its not some super obscure record but in terms of being a "white whale" I have hunted for it only to find it sol out everywhere with no used copies picking up.

What was I supposed to say something by Brand New?

Nothing by Brand New is a white whale.

At rsd back in 2009 there was a dude outside of Wuxtry in Athens, GA doing lathe cuts from mp3 rips on 7" wax for $10/ piece. I got him to do 4 copies of my band's 4 song EP (from wav files at least). I even had one of my best friends hand paint covers for them. I kept 2 and snuck one into the 7" bin at Wuxtry and one at School Kids. Both of my copies was stolen when my house got broken into later that year- my records in my room were taken as well as a safe box from my closet with my "sentimental crap" in it. I went back to both stores and checked through hundreds and hundreds of 7"s multiple times (the owner of Wuxtry even helped me) but both copies had sold. My friend that did the covers for me died in a car wreck back in 2010. I haven't stopped looking for it since and never will. I would pay unspeakable amounts of money for this shitty lathe cut 7". THAT is a White Whale.

At rsd back in 2009 there was a dude outside of Wuxtry in Athens, GA doing lathe cuts from mp3 rips on 7" wax for $10/ piece. I got him to do 4 copies of my band's 4 song EP (from wav files at least). I even had one of my best friends hand paint covers for them. I kept 2 and snuck one into the 7" bin at Wuxtry and one at School Kids. Both of my copies was stolen when my house got broken into later that year- my records in my room were taken as well as a safe box from my closet with my "sentimental crap" in it. I went back to both stores and checked through hundreds and hundreds of 7"s multiple times (the owner of Wuxtry even helped me) but both copies had sold. My friend that did the covers for me died in a car wreck back in 2010. I haven't stopped looking for it since and never will. I would pay unspeakable amounts of money for this shitty lathe cut 7". THAT is a White Whale.

Wow dude, that's a crazy story. Hope you're able to find it one day. Ahab never lost hope

Just out of curiosity what was the name of your band?

Matthew Good - Avalanche... Missed out on buying it on eBay a few years ago for 100, now I never see it for sale, and it's gone for 250 - 300 last year apparently. Still hoping for a 10 year anniversary repress this year! :(

This is on ebay right now starting at $150....and sorry to tell you but that was me who saw and bought it for the 100 buy it now!

See. Now this is a white fucking whale!