What's your White Whale record?

It turned out pretty easy for me to get silkscreened white cross YFM and I'm not really sure if I want to buy red/black stripe one. I would rather consider these as /101 than as /21 and /80.

I guess my white whale record for now is Twitching Tongues/Ruckus split 10", it's very hard to find (/55 pressed) and it's the only thing left in my TT collection (along with some color variants though, but it's not a problem I guess)

Is is weird (or just sad) not to have a true white whale? I feel like everything I really want I've seen from time to time, but price has exceeded my desire ton own it. Some have been harder to come by than others, but I landed what was probably my white whale in Felix Culpa's Sever Your Roots on black/clear mix. Manchester Orchestra's Five Stories would qualify, except it's a CD.

Ben Folds Five S/T can be bought for pretty cheap, they recently re-issued it.

Seriously? Thanks for telling me that, I was mostly looking at stuff like Rockin' the Suburbs & Whatever and Ever Amen.

EDIT: The S/T has reviews all over the place about its shitty pressing, but it's only $15. Decisions, decisions...

and even when it does come up.....the price is huuuuuuuuge........TBA comes up more often of late

Yeah it's nuts. There was rumor of mix ups that some white TBA's were accidently mixed in for the general public. But I suppose I would put The Black Album white vinyl /50 on my list too. I have Load white /100 and hope to land Reload white /100 at some point.

Yeah it's nuts. There was rumor of mix ups that some white TBA's were accidently mixed in for the general public. But I suppose I would put The Black Album white vinyl /50 on my list too. I have Load white /100 and hope to land Reload white /100 at some point.

there is also 1 known white 2Lp TBA also.........for some reason i thought it was on the limited metallica site....but not there.....someone on tMcc owns it 

Seriously? Thanks for telling me that, I was mostly looking at stuff like Rockin' the Suburbs & Whatever and Ever Amen.

EDIT: The S/T has reviews all over the place about its shitty pressing, but it's only $15. Decisions, decisions...

I have it and it sounds great. An album that excellent could not sound bad in any way. But srsly, I haven't noticed any defects or problems with the quality. Sturdy record that sounds great. I got whatever and ever for about $40 a couple years ago, and sometimes I still see it for around that price. Another excellent album that should be repressed to meet the demands. That and '...Reinhold Messner'. I can't get my hands on that for the life of me!

Aside from the ETID stuff;
I was looking for a copy of Fear Before's "The Always Open Mouth" for about 2 years. Finally got it about a month ago. 

Still trying to get a copy of "Versions" by Poison the Well. Not too entirely elusive, I just seem to miss it every time it goes up for sale anywhere. Also Circle Takes The Square - "As The Roots Undo." Like to get my hands on a copy of that too, just can't seem to find it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a single one but;

That I managed to get my hands on?

The Album Leaf - In A Safe Place (out of 1000)
The Parlour Trick - A Blessed Unrest (red, out of 100)
Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me

Nurse With Wound - Homotopy To Marie (first press from 1984, out of 450)
Pianos Become The Teeth - Old Pride (2011 tour edition on pink marble, out of 100)

That I haven't managed to get my hands on?

Brand New - Deja Entendu
Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon (first press)
Jean Michel Jarre - Musique Pour Supermarché (hahaha I wish)
Jean Michel Jarre - Les Granges Brulées
Mew - Frengers
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (first press)

That haven't gotten pressed on vinyl?

The Antlers - In The Attic Of The Universe (I would kill to get a vinyl press of this. Please please please)
Nurse With Wound - Who Can I Turn To Stereo
Merzbow - Pulse Demon

Sorry for a long list.