PO - Forrest Gump OST (SRC)

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Soundtrack-%252d-Forrest-Gump-3XLP.html

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the motion picture Forrest Gump, we're proud to announce the first ever North American vinyl pressing of the soundtrack. All 32-tracks have been placed across three vinyl LPs to ensure maximum audio-fidelity, in addition to vinyl mastering and lacquers by Kevin Gray, and platting at RTI. The album will be available on 180 Gram "All American" Red, White and Blue vinyl LPs, pressed at United Records in the USA. First pressings will be hand numbered and limited.

The 32-song soundtrack from the film was originally released on July 6, 1994. The soundtrack includes songs from Elvis Presley, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Doors, The Mamas & the Papas, The Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield, among others. Music producer Joel Sill reflected on compiling the soundtrack: ''We wanted to have very recognizable material that would pinpoint time periods, yet we didn't want to interfere with what was happening cinematically.'' The two-disc album has a variety of music from the 1950s–1980s performed by American artists. According to Sill, this was due to Zemeckis' request, ''All the material in there is American. Bob (Zemeckis) felt strongly about it. He felt that Forrest wouldn't buy anything but American.''

Forrest Gump: The Soundtrack is one of the most successful movie soundtrack albums of all time. The album - like the film - instantly captured the heart of America, going into the top 10 of Billboard's Pop Album chart and shipping over 1 million units in its first few weeks of release. This timeless double album of American Classics has since been certified DIAMOND - selling over 6 million copies.

''The movie Forrest Gump is about time. A simple man's journey through complicated times. The coming-of-age of a generation and a country. And at the heart of the story is the music. Music that lives with us, always there to remind us of the people, the places, and the events of our time.'' - Robert Zemeckis & Eric Roth

Vinyl Details:

- Mastered for vinyl and lacquers created by Kevin Gray then plated at RTI
- First pressing is on an 'All American' limited Edition and Hand Numbered 3 180 Gram colored vinyl LPs - Red, White and Blue.
- Vinyl made in America at United Records Pressing Plant
- Triple Panel Gatefold jacket. Matte paper finish with Spot UV.
- Three  matte 11 x 11 full color inserts

Vinyl Color: 180 Gram Red A/B Disc, White C/D Disc & Blue E/F Disc

Track Listing

SIDE A

A1 Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
A2 Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser
A3 Clarence "Frogman" Henry - (I Don't Know Why) But I Do
A4 The Rooftop Singers - The Walk Right In
A5 Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
A6 Joan Baez - Blowin' In The Wind
A7 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

SIDE B

B1 The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
B2 Aretha Franklin - Respect
B3 Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
B4 The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
B5 The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
B6 Buffalo Springfield For What It's Worth

SIDE C

C1 Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
C2 The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side)
C3 Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
C4 Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
C5 The Youngbloods - Let's Get Together
C6 Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)

SIDE D

D1 The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
D2 The Fifth Dimension - Medley: Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In
D3 Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
D4 Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
D5 The Supremes - Stoned Love

SIDE E

E1 B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
E2 Randy Newman - Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man)
E3 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
E4 The Doobie Brothers - The It Keeps You Runnin'
E5 Gladys Knight & The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination

SIDE F

F1 Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
F2 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind
F3 Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump Suite

Who are the chumps that buy all these soundtrack issues/reissues?

I honestly wonder the same thing.

I think what ends up happening is eventually, SRC is going to press the soundtrack to your favorite movie, so all those people decide to buy it.  I doubt the same people are lining up for Dumb and Dumber, Clerks, and Forrest Gump soundtracks at $30 a piece.

In all fairness, this was pressed a long time ago and is fairly hard to find now... Does that mean we need an overly priced SRC version?... I don't think so.

Also, who wants to bet there's a /500 mixed "life is like a box of chocolates" variant

Don't forget the "surprise etching"

I honestly wonder the same thing.

I think what ends up happening is eventually, SRC is going to press the soundtrack to your favorite movie, so all those people decide to buy it. I doubt the same people are lining up for Dumb and Dumber, Clerks, and Forrest Gump soundtracks at $30 a piece.

I think you nailed it, if I'm understanding you correctly. I bought Dumb and Dumber JUST because it's my favorite movie. Whereas, Clerks and Forrest Gump are GREAT movies, but I don't need their OSTs.

I think you nailed it, if I'm understanding you correctly. I bought Dumb and Dumber JUST because it's my favorite movie. Whereas, Clerks and Forrest Gump are GREAT movies, but I don't need their OSTs.

Exactly. I'm not big on buying soundtracks, but I'll never part with my This Is Spinal Tap, Star Wars, and BTTF ones.

just looked at the ost listing. this thing is like a classic rock greatest hits album. probably worth it just to hear all these songs on vinyl without changing records every song to recreate it. especially if the pressing quality is superb

I have very little love for SRC, but I am a sucker for really good comps. The Forrest Gump soundtrack is a great one.

I really like shop radio cast. I don't understand the hate towards them...and this movie is one of the best (in my opinion) of the 90s. So many great tracks!

For me it's about poor/no communication. I ordered something, 2 weeks later noticed the product page had changed. Emailed them about it asking if I will be getting what I originally order. A week later, "No, we sold out of that.". I respond, "ok, I would like a refund please". Another week goes by, email again. A few more days go by before a response. "We will get to it when we can". 2 more weeks before the $ is refunded. Granted this was a couple years ago but it just came off like they don't give a shit about their customers. Maybe I should give them another chance but honestly don't see the point.

Can't believe people buy movie soundtracks. I can understand buying scores but an OST that's essentially a mixtape?...come on.

I'm of the exact opposite mindset. I love a good comp, but can't get into sitting and listening to a movies score (with a few exceptions... if somebody were to press The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack I'd be all over it. Even if it was SRC) and don't understand the love for Mondo, Waxwork and Deathwaltz that I see.

The Jurassic Park OST was a good example. I love that movie, and think the music is iconic and well suited to the film... but on it's own I find it very silly. I couldn't imagine sitting in my living room and listening to that score by itself.