Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

Hey there! My name's Adam and I'm 23 years old. I live in and am from Ohio. I just recently graduated college with a Bachelors Degree in Applied Communications but am currently working at a construction supply company until I find something I actually want to do. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years (4 years next month exactly), and I intend on possibly taking things to the next level that day (shh). October is my favorite month because the weather is just about right. Well... in Ohio at least. And plus it's the month of Halloween! It doesn't get any better than that!

I absolutely love movies. Namely horror movies. If it falls into that genre, I'll at least give it one watch. Those aren't the only kinds of movies I watch though, I like pretty much everything. My favorite directors (in all genres) are Lars von Trier, David Lynch, Pascal Laugier Ti West, Ben Wheatley, Paul Thomas Anderson, Christopher Nolan, David Fincher, Harmony Korine, Darren Aronofsky, and Nicolas Winding Refn. It's really hard for me to pick just a few favorite movies but I'll try my best: Antichrist, Melancholia, Nymphomaniac Pt. 1 & 2, Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Martyrs, The Tall Man, The Innkeepers, Kill List, Sightseers, The Master, There Will Be Blood, Memento, Inception, all 3 Christopher Nolan Batman films, The Game, Seven, Fight Club, Kids, Mister Lonely, Spring Breakers, The Fountain, Requiem For A Dream, The Wrestler, Drive, and Only God Forgives.

As for TV shows, I don't even know where to begin. Twin Peaks is the greatest show of all time. But some other favorites are True Detectives, Trailer Park Boys, The League, Parks and Recreation, Game Of Thrones, NipTuck, Misfits, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Community, and Boy Meets World.

Cartoons are great too of course!: Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Archer, Bobs Burgers, Simpsons, South Park, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Invader Zim, Spongebob, Gravity Falls, American Dad, Rick & Morty, Angry Beavers, Clone High, Batman: The Animated Series, and Courage The Cowardly Dog.

I'm also an incredibly huge anime fan. Like... huge. Favorites are: Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, One Piece, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Attack On Titan, Akira, G Gundam, Speed Grapher, and Basalisk.

My favorite hero of all-time is Batman. So anything Batman I'll love. I don't collect individual comics really but I have a ton of graphic novels. The majority of them are Batman but I have some other stuff thrown in like Green Lantern and the Amazing Spiderman omnibus vol. 1, along with quite a few horror graphic novels as well.

As for video games, I own a PS4, WII U, 3DS, and Xbox 360. I like horror games, fighting games, and certain action/adventure games.

My shirt/hoodie size is medium and I'd say 90% of my wardrobe consists of horror movie shirts.

And finally, music wise, it's probably easier just to check out my tradelist to get an idea of what I like/don't like/don't have/need. I have all of my DVD's/blu-rays/TV shows listed on there as well. So yeah! I hope this wasn't too exhausting of a read. Thanks!

Hello there fellow SSantas.

I am not really sure what to say. This is pretty weird. Here goes.

I am a flight attendant and I travel a lot. 

I majored in Cross-Cultural Studies in college.

I am a photographer (35mm film... I love Agfa 400 and Portra 400) and a painter (acrylic & watercolor).

I am new to collecting vinyl, and have a tiny collection and a massive want list (that keeps getting bigger).

I am a pretty simple lady that enjoys beer, coffee, music and art.

To give you some ideas of my tastes...

Movies:
American Beauty, The Perks of being a Wallflower, Away we Go, Into the Wild, The Tree of Life, Amelie and anything by Wes Anderson. Also, my favorite disney movies are Robinhood and Beauty and the Beast.

Books:
The Bible, The Alchemist, Practicing the Presence of God, The Great Divorce, Harry Potter, You Shall Know your Velocity! to name a few...

Shows:
Archer, Arrested Development, and Breaking Bad.

Musics:
indie, folk, acoustic, ambient, experimental, electronic and post-rock.

Food:
ALL OF THE SUSHI. Burritos. Pasta. Burgers. Pizza. Also, cheese. 

Beer:

Stouts and Porters mostly. Ultimate favorites off of the top of my head: Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout, Anderson Valley Summer Solstice, Hoptologist, Pliny the Elder, Rochefurt Trappistes #8, Ayinger Celebrator

I don't really know what else to say. But, I talk in the small talk thread a lot, so you could ultimately get ideas there or you can just talk to Derek. Haha

I hate these things and it feels awkward writing it so I'll try and keep it short:

Hi! I'm Lindsey, 21 years old and I live in Northern California. I drive a Jeep, my favorite color is green, I play the guitar, I like traveling and I enjoy the simple things in life. I love my dog Beau (Yellow Lab) more than most people, he's my best friend.

Coffee, music, the beach and In N Out Burger are the essence of life. My favorite candy is salt water taffy.

I like all different kinds of music, mainly punk/pop punk. My tradelist is in my signature. I also have a small wants list.

I enjoy collecting posters/prints too!

I absolutely LOVE sports, mostly baseball but I also love hockey and football. (SF Giants, SJ Sharks and SF 49ers if you want specifics).

My favorite movies are by far The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I've had my eye on some stuff here for awhile.

I'm pretty simple so I wouldn't stress out too much, I'll probably love whatever you get me if you read this!

i'll put this here in case anyone wants to send me a box of crackers or what not.

Name is mike. people call me... mike. i work a lot (60 hour weeks) and really don't have time to do much of anything. currently i don't own a record player due to the fact that my last one broke in transit. yet i still buy records. weird.  I work in a vape shop and pretty much most of my money goes to vape gear and records. 

current bands i'm into are chumped. but i like jawbreaker, avail, atdi, etc etc.. look at my signature for my tradelist. i like movies of the comedic nature. 

i sleep a lot when i'm not working.

Hello I'm Jack,

I'm originally from Victorville, CA, but currently live in Nebraska.  I've been in the military for 18 years so I have lived a lot of different places.

Music:  I am a huge face to face fan and have been since I was in HS (many years ago).  I also love the Menzingers and TGA.

Film:  I'm not a huge television person; however, when I do watch TV/film I prefer dramas.  My favorite movies are the Shawshank Redemption and the Godfather.  

Clothing:  My shirt size is Large.

Books:  I read a lot and like books about true adventure like Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.  

Video Games:  I'm not into video games.  I spend most of my free time listening to my records and restoring antiques.  I like to restore vintage radios, fans and anything that I think will look cool. 

Here is my wantlist:  http://www.discogs.com/wantlist?user=jtcohenour

Here is my collection:  http://www.discogs.com/user/jtcohenour/collection

Thanks!

Hey hey I'm Justin,

By the time Christmas rolls around I'll be 24 (12/03). Currently residing in Alabama working as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist (a diagnostic imaging service), and I really enjoy playing guitar and drums. This is my favorite hobby, though I've never really played "officially" played with anyone. I have an Agile 8 string that I'm really digging and could ALWAYS use new strings (the Silver Ernie Ball packs are fine ;) ).

Movie and TV wise, I always enjoy Horror flicks, cooking shows, and the occasional drama and/or reality (Have never seen LOST though).

I also really enjoy video games and mainly still play on the Xbox 360. RPGs, FPS, horror/survival; most things just not into sports games for some reason.

And last but not least: Records. I'm fairly new to the record thing, but my collection is growing at a steady pace. My tastes are pretty sporatic, but I mainly always go to anything prog/metal. Between the Buried and Me is my fav. band and my variant collection reflects it. Any dream records would be Circa Survive-Blue Sky Noise, Faceless- Planetary Duality, Minus the Bear-Planet of Ice, Any Protest the Hero to name some. IF by chance the DW Texas Chainsaw re-score too

If you're artistic or make something unique, by all means do so! It'll find a cherished place on my wall.

Tradelist in sig and shirt size small.

edit: I don't smoke, but I do enjoy alcohol and sweets (: Mostly butter cookies or chocolate for the holidays.

I love Spawn comics!

I live in Calgary Alberta, my name is Zach, I'm 25 I'm currently trying something new for work. 

I have no problem admitting I like Conor Oberst to much. I also enjoy cooking, skiing, and of course music. My taste is most everything with a preference for mellow folk or acoustic recently. Some of my favourite artists are Conor oberst, John butler, Wintersleep, Beautiful girls, Mountain goats, Jack's mannequin, Freelance whales, Woody guthrie, Pink floyd. I enjoy reading I just finished on the road and before that was songs of the doomed.

I love stand up comedy and really enjoy Russell Howard, Jim Jefferies, Damonde Tschritter, Louis CK, Aziz Ansari, Aries Spears and so on

I don't really drink I don't drink coffee or beer at all. I have a giant sweet tooth and love dark chocolate. I am a medium shirt size. 

Hope it helps  Here is a link to my collection and a  wantlist and a link to my out of date slightly tradelist http://www.discogs.com/user/zpushor

http://deadformat.ne...adelist/zpushor

My name is Seth, I'm 23, I'm a cancer survivor so I'm pretty stoked on that.

I love beer, I love coffee, I love tea. Pretty standard. I'm a big Blackhawks, Bears, Bulls, and Cubs fan.

My music is pretty eclectic. I enjoy music from Top shelf, No Sleep, Tiny Engines, Run For Cover which I realize are all fairly similar in styles but my tastes are certainly not limited to that. Always looking to broaden my horizons musically. Although my tastes have shifted away from the more heavier/ hardcore side. I'm a No Sleep Subcriber so maybe nothing from there. I have it all.

Secret Santa, my tradelist is maybe half complete but I think it is a good representation. I'll post a wantlist here soon to try to help you out.

EDIT: here's a quick wantlist I just came up with off the top of my head. Obviously you don't need to buy any of this stuff. But if you're stuck, here you go!

Toe discography

Weezer - Blue Album

Gerard Way - Hesitant Alien

Frank Iero and The Cellabration - Stomach Aches

Prawn - Kingston

AGBPOL - Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex

Somos - Temple of Plenty

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper (mono)

Future Crooks - Future Crooks in Paradise

Sorority Noise - Forgettable

From Indian Lakes - Absent Sounds or Able Bodies

Tiny Moving Parts - Pleasant Living

***** Double EDIT:

Also just wanted to note that anything local from your area such as coffees, teas, beer, or anything really, would be really cool. I like getting to experience things from different parts of the world and country whenever possible since I don't get to travel much. 

Ok, so here's my info.

I'm Brock, 28 (29 in November). I live in Kewanee, IL which is about 45 minutes from Peoria and 45 Minutes from The Quad Cities (Davenport,IA, Bettendorf,IA, Rock Island, IL, and Moline, IL) I'm a letter carrier for USPS.

I like everything from Punk Rock/Punk Pop stuff like Daggermouth, I Am The Avalanche, Bayside, Forever Came Calling and bands like that to hardcore stuff like Set it Straight and The Golden Age. I also dig a lot of 90's alternative pop rock like The Gin Blossoms and Eve6.

I'm into Pro Wrestling, I like to watch Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, and The League. My favorite show of all time is probably Lost or Seinfeld.

For Sports, my favorite teams are the Red Sox, Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bulls.

Im Jesse. 21 and live in a small college town in central Virginia.

Recent interests include: weight lifting, traditional tattoos and flash prints, the Baltimore Orioles, Game of Thrones, and pretty much anything to do with my home state. Seriously two years ago my SS got me a Virginia flag and it was awesome.

As far as music goes I enjoy a lot of different stuff. As stated early I really like collecting bands close to me. I have a full Turnover collection and working on my Down to Nothing collection. A side form that Im currently listening to bands such as Code Orange, Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra, Prawn, Cruel Hand, Beartooth, Sorority Noise, Moose Blood, Dads. So yea, I will be updating my wantlist soon as well to hopefully give my SS a better idea.

Im straight edge and always love to find anything related to it. (Found a 7" from a Korean straightedge band the other day, that was rad.)

TV shows: Archer, Workaholics, It's Always Sunny, Bobs Burgers, Game Of Thrones, South Park

Oh I also love cold brew coffee. The good, the bad, I will try any of it.

Feel like I am forgetting something but I will update this later if I think of anything.

EDIT: Update with wantlist https://deadformat.net/tradelist/thejesseb/wants

I'm David - I love NJ but a nice piece of my heart belongs to Gainesville and NYC having lived in both for extended periods of time. I'm horrible to shop for since I have over 3000 pieces of vinyl including the very first 45 given to me as a kid. Scott did a nice job last year and that is big since I have no list. I love old NYHC and Revelation Bands. I'm currently digging the last Iron Chic LP and Front Bottoms LP. For some reason I've become obsessed with the Jawbreaker song "Ache" and have been playing it on repeat thinking back to 1994 when 24 Hour Revenge Therapy blew my mind playing on a boom box over the sink of a TCBY where I washed dishes for free yogurt. 

Favorite Bands of All Time are too numerous but I can always play Into Another, Ignite, Bob Dylan, Springsteen, Gorilla Biscuits, pretty much any early Revelation oriented stuff, Hot Water Music, Radon, Black Train Jack... Lately I've been very into the Soul Revival stuff from Daptone and love Sharon Jones and Charles Bradley. On the flip side I think Jimmy Eat World is awful and Brand New is alright but I don't get the cult following. I'm very into Black Metal as well - I particularly like the folky stuff like Bathory and Moonsorrow but I'll never say no to DarkThrone or Immortal. 

I am an avid Runner and Triathlete: running mix?????Hint???? I am an active Volunteer Firefighter as well. I am totally obsessed with Cats. I have four. You remember the woman that made the video where she cried talking about how cute cats are? I would have dated her if I wasn't happily married. I love coffee and am always looking for a local roast. I travel a lot for work and currently Temple from Sacramento is my #1 Indie Cup of Coffee out there. 

My kid is obsessed with Star Wars, he is four. We build a lot of Legos together - tossing in a sticker or the like for him wins points. 

I work in TV, documentary specifically. I love dumb comedies since I like to escape. I think Baseketball is brilliant. I love Ernest movies (Free Ernest The Pirate!!!!), Ernest Goes To Jail is Jim Varney's Opus in case you are looking for a recommendation. 

I am an avid graphic novel reader. I just scored all 10 Transmetropolitan TPBs for $70 today (Sweet, right?). I'll try to give a Top-5 all time run list but understand I love Batman first and foremost. 1. Grant Morrison "Animal Man" 2. Preacher 3. Watchmen 4. Planetary 5. Dark Knight Returns (I know, pretty predictable list). I've been wanting to get into Doom Patrol and am currently loving Locke & Key. 

Surprise me. I like effort above all else. Show you put a tiny bit of thought into it and you'll make my day whether I like what I got or not. 

Oh absolutely. I totally understand. You're a strong dude, I'm so happy for you!

Seth's a good dude. I had him last year for SS and he lives about 30 minutes from me. Crazy.

Just went to Prime Quarter for some fantastic steaks last Friday!

Thank you both! Brock, I still spin that HRVRD record regularly. Thank you! I was surprised how close we are. Never would have guessed that considering where we are located haha. Man, Prime Quarter sounds fantastic right now.

Hi, my name is Malek. I'm a German guy in my mid-twenties and a full-time student.

Most of the time I'm listening to emo, punk, indie and math rock, but I've been into ambient/chill music lately. Even though I've learned lots of good bands in the past two or three years I always stick to the bands from when I was younger (Yo La Tengo, Samiam, Reuben). My favourite band is and probably will always be (ha!) Jimmy Eat World. I'm currently working on my JEW collection (no variants), but I'm still missing some 7"s. My tradelist should be a good indication of what I like, but feel free to surprise me with something I might not know.

Like others here I'm a big anime fan. My favourite shows are "Genshiken", "Gankutsuou", "Death Note", "Ganbare, Kickers!". As far as movies go "Grave of the Fireflies" is by far my most favourite anime, but actually I like almost everything Ghibli has put out yet. I'd like to say that I have a fairly diverse taste, but looking at my movie list it seems that I like movies more the sadder and more depressing they are.

Other things about me: I like football ("soccer"). I don't really drink. I like cats. I procrastinate too much. I love anything scandinavian or asian. I usually wear M or L size, but I think the latter will be fine as it's more likely that I'll get fatter the older I get. ;)

I hope that was at least a little bit of help.