Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

Sorry for being a wanker and not posting pictures faster. This past few weeks has been pretty busy. Anyway, here is what my SS gave me. It is perfect! I love it all.

CB75C3C5-EB4E-4850-9892-E05E6500B96F_zps

581AA75C-1D61-4F2A-BD5D-EE61A872D3DD_zps

CA6AA90E-1BED-40EC-BFA5-4B6F5177CD18_zps

B25CA1F1-9CC1-46F8-844A-7EBB4758EED1_zps

Here is the breakdown:

Nothing - Guilty of Everything (Tri color white/black)

Three Loco - EP

Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math RSD single

Manchester Orchestra - Every Stone

Denver Broncos Beanie

3 Brand New Prints

All of these are great! I was bummed that I missed out of the tri color Guilty of Everything, and now I have it! I never heard of Three Loco, but I like Andy Milonakis and have been wondering what he has been up to. Manchester Orchestra is one of my favorites. The beanie has been worn almost nonstop since I opened my gift on Christmas. My wife wants to frame the Brand New prints and put them in our guest bathroom as well. Thank you so much elcowboyrojo!

Edit: Sorry for the huge photos

Totally blanked on posting what i got! For some reason my computer wont let me post a picture of what i got so in the mean time of me figuring out why it wont work ill say what it got

Enjoy The Ride "NWO" Shirt

Enjoy The Ride Koozie

HRVRD - The Inevitable and I

Dustin Kensrue - Please Come Home

Lights Resolve 

Black Suit Youth

HRVRD CD & DVD

Lights Resolve CD

I'm going to guess my SS was EnjoyTheRide because of the sick ETR care package haha no hints but it came in a box that said Dream Theater Test Presses so i think my guess should be good 

Sorry for being a wanker and not posting pictures faster. This past few weeks has been pretty busy. Anyway, here is what my SS gave me. It is perfect! I love it all.

Here is the breakdown:

Three Loco - EP

Denver Broncos Beanie

3 Brand New Prints

All of these are great! I was bummed that I missed out of the tri color Guilty of Everything, and now I have it! I never heard of Three Loco, but I like Andy Milonakis and have been wondering what he has been up to. Manchester Orchestra is one of my favorites. The beanie has been worn almost nonstop since I opened my gift on Christmas. My wife wants to frame the Brand New prints and put them in our guest bathroom as well. Thank you so much elcowboyrojo!

Glad you like everything!! That Three Loco record is hilarious. My buddy showed it to me a while back and it is just a fun and ridiculous record

image.jpg

Wee Wee Water Squirter

Pull his pants down and he shoots water from his vagina? Weird that a pee related toy isn't anatomically correct.

Violent Bullshit - Adult Problems

Hardcore band from NYC I think. One or two of the guys were in The Panthers but this doesn't sound too much like that. It's pretty great stuff, lot of people on VC could dig it. Album is under 15 minutes, give it a shot.

The Black Heart Procession - Three

New to me but I really like this. Listened to this a few times already. Nice work!

Billy Wallace and the Virgina Blues - Americana with a south western vibe to it. I had never heard of it but I'm digging the first couple plays through. Nice to get stuff I can put on when my wife is home.

Daderson in his deep sleep - Alone with Daderson - Not at all creepy!

Goal:Bruins! - Bruins 69' - 70'

Play-by-play record. What's not to love?

Luz De Vida

Compilation to benefit the Tucson shooting. It has a bunch of good stuff on it, Calexico being the biggest name and a pretty good indicator of the contents. Mariachi stuff is a bonus, this is a pretty good Comp!

Homestead Records 7"

Sleeve says "Indie. Folky but good and weird". I haven't listened to it yet but it has Christmas Everyday on the A side and Mish Mosh Squinty Surprise on the B.

St. Vitus bar Koozie

Says "Everyone Drunker than Everyone Else" which was true when I used it at Christmas. Will also be true when I use it tonight. I love it. Really.

The ABCs of Rock

Kids book of A - Z rock greats. Illustrations are great, lots of fun texture.

Pantone Color Book for Kids

I LOVE this book, the colors are great. Ophelia and I have been looking at it everyday. She really likes it too!

Not pictured is two mix CDs, one punkish mix about hockey with a homemade sleeve which is amazing. The other I haven't heard yet but will check out when I get back to the office.

There was also 3 beers. A black IPA from Unita, Evil Twin's seasonal Imperial Stout and a Grimm's beer brewed with honey and aged in brandy barrels. It wasn't as sweet as you would think, surprisingly drinkable given the style. They were all shared on Christmas.

I can't thank themeconspiracy enough. A lot of thought clearly went into this package and I really, really appreciate it. Probably my favorite gift of 2014!

So first, I have to apologize for not posting this until I was nudged to do so. I intended on uploading a few different times and then let something get in the way. I wanted to be thorough and never really felt like I had the time. Regardless, my bad ronniegwilliams! At, least you're my guess for SS based on your hint/location and a few other references. The package is really rad and I've been enjoying it slowly for the last couple of weeks. Here are pics of the letter/contents.

2nuob5h.jpg

1jrj3m.jpg

Got a kick out of the letter, definitely appreciated the personal touch it brought to the package.

Contents:

1. Kickass VC Secret Santa MMXIIV mixtape containing a good mix of stuff I've heard and stuff I haven't that is really good.

2. Horror Film coasters - which one is currently being used for this Heady Topper I'm enjoying while writing this out.

3. Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News 2xLP- I had this album fora bit but traded it for something else awhile back. I'm glad to have it back. It's hands-down my favorite MM album.

4. Bayside - Bayside LP - I used to listen to Bayside a bunch a few years back but for reason haven't in awhile. I've heard a few tracks from this one but haven't checked it out as a whole yet. Looking forward to spinning this on a rainy day.

5. Reeses Trees - I really don't need to say a word about these but I will say two: SofaKing good.

6. Beef Jerky - I don't remember what brand of jerky this was. I can't quite make it out in the photo. I didn't recognize it when I opened it but it didn't matter. That stuff disappeared FAST.

7. Tanka Buffalo Meat w/ Cranberries - I wasn't into this but my girlfriend really liked it so I passed it along.

8-9. Sex Criminals Vol. 1/Dead Boy Detectives Vol. 1 Comics - I've only read a small handful of comics in the past but flipping through these was pretty cool on a few different fronts. The Sex Criminals comic seems pretty ridiculous. The few pages I read through were pretty much spot on with the humor I expected in it. I haven't read any of the Dead Boy Detectives yet but the illustration style is more suited to what I'm into. I'm going to end up reading through both of these eventually. I have a few decently long trips scheduled this year and these will come in handy to pass the time.

Thanks so much for everything, man! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and hope you have an equally enjoyable New Years!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it and had a rad Christmas!

Here is the breakdown:

Three Loco - EP

Denver Broncos Beanie

3 Brand New Prints

Love three loco.

here are your ss's. any recipient in RED failed to post a pic or made no mention of thanks.  if i missed your pic or you did thank your ss PM me so i can mark you off. i'm sure i missed one person. my apologies. so if you didn't know who your ss was, here it is.

Secret Santa             Recipient

jtcohenour -              batman (arrived) (pictured)

Batman -                   Violentsharks87 (delivered) (PMED regarding pic) (thanked but no photo)

Violentsharks87 -      marc32137 (arrived) (pictured)

marc32137 -              Chino (arrived) (thanked ss but no pic)

Chino -                       ozfacter (delivered, left with individual) (pictured)

ozfacter -                   JessRD (arrived) (PMed)

JessRD -                    thefavoriteplay (delivered) (pictured)

thefavoriteplay -         Woe Division (arrived) (pictured)

Woe Division -            yocaseycasey (delivered) (PMED) (thanked secret santa but not on board or no photo)

yocaseycasey -          cesar11 (delivered) (pictured)

cesar11 -                    BillyA (arrived) (pictured)

BillyA -                         Enjoytheriderecords (delivered) (PMED)

Enjoytheriderecords  - elcowboyrojo (arrived) (posted pic)

elcowboyrojo -             Seangj (delivered)(pictured)

Seangj -                       thejesseb (arrived) (pictured)

thejesseb -                   themeconspiracy (delivered to in your mailbox) (pictured)

themeconspiracy -       Zephyrson Frowell ( pictured)

Daderson Drowell -      koljou (arrived) (pictured)

koljou -                          roadmonkey (delivered) (pictured)

roadmonkey -              futurekills (delivered) (pictured)

futurekills -                  onlettingjoe (arrived) (pictured)

onlettingjoe -               danionly (arrived) (pictured)

danionly -                   -tess (arrived) (pictured)

- tess.-                        ajhall04 (delivered) (pictured)

ajhall04 -                    KeepDoubting (arrived) (pictured)

KeepDoubting -         Thomasj182 (arrived) (PMED) (pictured)

Thomasj182 -            BigSeth (arrived) (PMED) (pictured)

BigSeth -                   brevity38 (delivered ) (PMED)

brevity38 -                 jacobraccuia (arrived) (pictured)

jacobraccuia -           dkrtz (arrived) (pictured)

dkrtz/Dakota -            gkersey (arrived) (PMED) (made mention but no photo)

gkersey -                   museummouth (arrived) (pictured)

museummouth -        smailtronic (arrived) (pictured)

smailtronic -              gentlemanjerseydave (arrived) (pictured)

gentlemanjerseydave - ᵒᴥᵒ (arrived) (pictured)

ᵒᴥᵒ -                           Brüsker Dü (arrived) (pictured)

Brüsker Dü -               jr1203 (delivered front porch) (pictured)

jr1203 -                       DakotyTSI (arrived) (PMED) (pictured)

DakotyTSI -                Kevin ! (arrived) (pictred)

Kevin !  -                    TinaDaZombieRomancer (arrived) (PIctured) ️

TinaDaZombieRomancer - Brock N Roll (arrived) (pictured)

Brock N Roll-            Mean 3arls (arrived) (pictured)

Mean 3arls -             TimesTwo (arrived) (pictured)

TimesTwo -                LooseyMoosey (delivered) (PMED) (pictured)

LooseyMoosey -        Ianrees (arrived) (pictured)

Ian Rees -                 ronniegwilliams (delivered) (pictured)

ronniegwilliams -       David The Gnome (delivered) (pictured)

David The Gnome-    Diabretic (arrived) (pictured)

Diabretic -                 Noalarmplanet (arrived) (PMED) (pictured))

Noalarmplanet  -       nancy_raygun (arrived) (pictured)

nancy_raygun -         Notorious P.O.U.T f (received gift) (pictured)

Notorious P.O.U.T -   youinreverse (arrived) (pictured)

youinreverse -           tellallyourfriends (arrived) (pictured)

tellallyourfriends -      Will from West Philly (received gift) (pictured)

Will from West Philly- A.K. Aych (made mention)

A.K. Aych -                jtcohenour (arrived) (pictured)

daegor -                    hudsoncomplex (arrived) (pictured)

hudsoncomplex -      daftyler (delivered) (pictured)

daftyler -                    zpusher (arrived) (pictured)

zpushor -                   Parking Lot (arrived) (pictured)

parkinglot -                daegor (arrived) (pictured)

So I'm finally gonna stop being lazy and post this. My SS hasn't been around much, I don't think, so hopefully he knows I was stoked on it. Also my person hasn't posted pictures so I hope they liked what they got.

Yea I've been really busy lately but I really hope you dig the stuff I got! I kinda had to work on a budget but I did what I could (:

I had already guessed that my secret santa was jr1203 before the list was posted, I love half life :P  And I really loved everything you gave us! Especially the little drawings too go with each thing haha too cool! 

2njgjdh.jpg

They read:

For Nala (our dog):  Milk-bone dog treats, which are new to her but she loooves them! 

For Him: Circa Survive - The Inuit Sessions - Pink, This is awesome! I've been meaning to get this for awhile but other stuff always came up so its cool to finally have it! Especially the first edition! 

For Her: $25 Starbucks card and $15 Itunes card, My girlfriend is very thankful for these because she had no idea she was gonna get anything so she said thank you very much! She doesn't have a iphone though so I might have to steal that Itunes card :P lol

I haven't listened to the mix cd's all the way through yet but what I have heard has sounded pretty sweet! 

Sorry the post was so late, I've been really busy with the holidays and have been trying to stay away from the computer a bit. This was one of the only things I opened Christmas day though so thanks for making my Christmas a little more exciting this year! I hope you enjoy everything you got! (:

So after much delay here is me posting about my gift. Long story short I moved right around the time of singing up for this and put my old address down as a placeholder and forgot to update it. Gift got sent to Ohio and I now live in Florida. I just finally got the gift sent to me down here and received it on the 29th. Have been working nonstop over the past 9 days which is why I couldnt post. Anywho here is my gift...

dm7bs0.jpg

- St. Lucia LP  - Never heard of them before but really looking forward to giving this a spin

- Kevin Smith Book

- Sandy Claws Pop! Figurine

- Legends of the Hidden Temple shirt

- 2 old(?) Disney World postcards

- annnnnd not pictured is a card from my secret santa explaining about another part of the gift he was going to get me but couldnt end up doing because of the move and address change and how I fucked it all up haha

my secret santa is TimesTwo and let me say thank you so much man. I loved all of this! I am really looking forward to giving the album a spin I apologize about fucking up your plans for the Motion City Soundtrack concert tickets. the though behind that one is absolutely amazing! I am besides myself that I am unable to go to this tour (still cannot believe there is no stops in Florida). Thank you again timestwo! I love everything in this gift! I finally have a day off today and I plan on starting that Kevin Smith book!

So after much delay here is me posting about my gift. Long story short I moved right around the time of singing up for this and put my old address down as a placeholder and forgot to update it. Gift got sent to Ohio and I now live in Florida. I just finally got the gift sent to me down here and received it on the 29th. Have been working nonstop over the past 9 days which is why I couldnt post. Anywho here is my gift...

dm7bs0.jpg

- St. Lucia LP  - Never heard of them before but really looking forward to giving this a spin

- Kevin Smith Book

- annnnnd not pictured is a card from my secret santa explaining about another part of the gift he was going to get me but couldnt end up doing because of the move and address change and how I fucked it all up haha

my secret santa is TimesTwo and let me say thank you so much man. I loved all of this! I am really looking forward to giving the album a spin I apologize about fucking up your plans for the Motion City Soundtrack concert tickets. the though behind that one is absolutely amazing! I am besides myself that I am unable to go to this tour (still cannot believe there is no stops in Florida). Thank you again timestwo! I love everything in this gift! I finally have a day off today and I plan on starting that Kevin Smith book!

dude st lucia are awesome. i saw them open for foster the people back in may and they were incredible live. 

dm7bs0.jpg

- St. Lucia LP - Never heard of them before but really looking forward to giving this a spin

- Kevin Smith Book

I also just bought that Kevin Smith book. Fuck yeah

dm7bs0.jpg

- Kevin Smith Book

Hey you're really welcome man, I would have personalized your package so I apologize for you getting it straight from Amazon without any bells and whistles, but I originally intended to send you the tickets in a separate santa gift. Just so you know, everything worked out with the tickets and I was able to sell them so no harm no foul. It was my fault for not double checking before buying such an area-specific item. By the way, I have literally no idea what those postcards are and Amazon must have shipped you the wrong record because I didn't order you St. Lucia hahahah. I got you the new Bleachers album since I saw you had the 7" single but not the LP. I'll make sure that gets corrected, but in the meantime, that St. Lucia album rules. I love it, at least. That was a lucky mistake. Also I had to take a shot in the dark--I hope you rep the blue barracudas, I was a purple parrots kinda guy myself. Merry Christmas man.

IVJeb11.png?1

image.jpg

Wee Wee Water Squirter

Pull his pants down and he shoots water from his vagina? Weird that a pee related toy isn't anatomically correct.

Violent Bullshit - Adult Problems

Hardcore band from NYC I think. One or two of the guys were in The Panthers but this doesn't sound too much like that. It's pretty great stuff, lot of people on VC could dig it. Album is under 15 minutes, give it a shot.

The Black Heart Procession - Three

New to me but I really like this. Listened to this a few times already. Nice work!

Billy Wallace and the Virgina Blues - Americana with a south western vibe to it. I had never heard of it but I'm digging the first couple plays through. Nice to get stuff I can put on when my wife is home.

Daderson in his deep sleep - Alone with Daderson - Not at all creepy!

Goal:Bruins! - Bruins 69' - 70'

Play-by-play record. What's not to love?

Luz De Vida

Compilation to benefit the Tucson shooting. It has a bunch of good stuff on it, Calexico being the biggest name and a pretty good indicator of the contents. Mariachi stuff is a bonus, this is a pretty good Comp!

Homestead Records 7"

Sleeve says "Indie. Folky but good and weird". I haven't listened to it yet but it has Christmas Everyday on the A side and Mish Mosh Squinty Surprise on the B.

St. Vitus bar Koozie

Says "Everyone Drunker than Everyone Else" which was true when I used it at Christmas. Will also be true when I use it tonight. I love it. Really.

The ABCs of Rock

Kids book of A - Z rock greats. Illustrations are great, lots of fun texture.

Pantone Color Book for Kids

I LOVE this book, the colors are great. Ophelia and I have been looking at it everyday. She really likes it too!

Not pictured is two mix CDs, one punkish mix about hockey with a homemade sleeve which is amazing. The other I haven't heard yet but will check out when I get back to the office.

There was also 3 beers. A black IPA from Unita, Evil Twin's seasonal Imperial Stout and a Grimm's beer brewed with honey and aged in brandy barrels. It wasn't as sweet as you would think, surprisingly drinkable given the style. They were all shared on Christmas.

I can't thank themeconspiracy enough. A lot of thought clearly went into this package and I really, really appreciate it. Probably my favorite gift of 2014!

don't know how i missed this! but yay! so happy you liked everything. 

the 7" is actually Giant Sand (the label is totally unreadable, i know), which is another southwestern kind of band that seemed up your alley (they're also on the comp). it wasn't quite what i was expecting, but it's an interesting listen. the side B track is pretty funky...kind of a bunch of different songs layered...if you mess with the levels on your receiver, you can actually hear the individual tracks. i dunno. it's unique if nothing else haha.

i know i'm personally terrible about using download codes, but you should definitely do so with the comp. i have a copy as well and love it. there are actually an additional 25 songs on the digital version, so definitely worth grabbing. 

anyhow, really glad you (and ophelia!) enjoyed your gifts. i had so much fun shopping for you, i actually had to eventually cut myself off haha.

oh, and as creepy as that alone with daddy album is, it actually isn't bad. i couldn't resist giving it a listen to see if the content was as creepy as the jacket was and was actually disappointed that the music was decent. the band definitely should've shot whoever was in charge of designing their album art, though...

Hey you're really welcome man, I would have personalized your package so I apologize for you getting it straight from Amazon without any bells and whistles, but I originally intended to send you the tickets in a separate santa gift. Just so you know, everything worked out with the tickets and I was able to sell them so no harm no foul. It was my fault for not double checking before buying such an area-specific item. By the way, I have literally no idea what those postcards are and Amazon must have shipped you the wrong record because I didn't order you St. Lucia hahahah. I got you the new Bleachers album since I saw you had the 7" single but not the LP. I'll make sure that gets corrected, but in the meantime, that St. Lucia album rules. I love it, at least. That was a lucky mistake. Also I had to take a shot in the dark--I hope you rep the blue barracudas, I was a purple parrots kinda guy myself. Merry Christmas man.

IVJeb11.png?1

that shirt is so awesome! even if i was always a silver snakes fan, myself. 

IVJeb11.png?1

Oh I will rep the blue barracudas proudly! thank you again for all of it. I am very relieved to hear everything worked out with the tickets. I am so sorry again about that. that is very weird about the postcards that they randomly got inserted into the package....especially since I work for Disney. haha no worries about the album, I have enjoyed what I have listened to so far.