SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

I had at least 4 in the can.  Posting only one was me acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

I'm hoping that one day we can all look back and find the humor on this.  What he did wasn't too far off from a teenager who signed up for Columbia House CD/cassette subscription in the 80s and 90s using fake info, except, instead of a large company, his boneheaded logic has affected a small group of individuals.  The respectful dad who has to absorb the fallout of his screwball son's actions is an extra touch of specificity that elevates this above the usual 27 year old frat bro ripping off two or three people over alexisonfire test presses story that usually pops up.

Have done business with this guy before, never had a problem sorry to all the people affected, also I'm dealing with a scam situation via deadformat currently... what a headache

Yeah, I'm in this same thing as well but with someone on here. Giving it a little bit longer to see how it plays out because I'm a nice guy.

Good luck everyone.

I'm hoping that one day we can all look back and find the humor on this.  What he did wasn't too far off from a teenager who signed up for Columbia House CD/cassette subscription in the 80s and 90s using fake info, except, instead of a large company, his boneheaded logic has affected a small group of individuals.  The respectful dad who has to absorb the fallout of his screwball son's actions is an extra touch of specificity that elevates this above the usual 27 year old frat bro ripping off two or three people over alexisonfire test presses story that usually pops up.

Yeah, reading the story kinda reminds me of when I got my first credit card at 19. I definitely wasn't as responsible with it as I should've been. I'm wondering if he just freaked out when he got the first bill and tried to get out of it by filing chargebacks. Still a dumb (and illegal) thing to do but hopefully he'll make things right. Good luck to everyone in this situation!

If you have zero pp balance it draws from your checking or his dads checking in this case.

That is true, but you can also have "paypal credit". Basically a credit card account through them (used to be BillMeLater). I'm betting he used his dad's paypal account and selected the paypal credit, thinking it was as he described, funds in the account that he didn't have or something. All the sudden his dad is signed up for a new credit account and finds out this is happening. Thus starts all the back-tracking.

As a CoCa fanboy...I apologize on behalf of the ridiuclous douchebaggery all of you are dealing with. Not all of us are epic douchebags (see: The_James_Champion and Willy from West Philly).

Also, I HIGHLY encourage filing charges as Rambo suggested. I had to deal with a guy in Cali named B. Johnson (some of you likely know who this is) and I tracked him down and called him at work everyday until my claim refunded me my money. I wish I had filed charges, because he'll probably hit again. Don't have regrets like me, call the fucking cops.

any new news anyone? He told me his dad would pay me the money, I emailed him back and asked when and how…nothing yet

I wrote him an email yesterday basically saying pay the money or ship my record back by Friday. He responded with a tracking number. He also stated he will be "setting it right with all members that were affected"