SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

I'm curious how something like that could even happen. Do they tell you in any capacity what the logic was by which that decision was made? I don't know anything about Paypal's claim system, but like, that's some fucked up shit right there on THEIR end.

ive requested an explanation. its insane.

I mean, technically we lost our cases as well, but he sent a lot of our records back thankfully. I provided them with sooo much information, screenshots, actual photos of the record and the record with the shipping label on it, but still lost. They said "we can't cover you on anything sold through a third party site then sent to you as a gift."

The Paypal part doesn't surprise me, they never seem to have any logic. I sold a TV once on ebay and the buyer disputed the transaction saying item not as described and uploaded a tracking number to Paypal as proof he returned the item. But instead he sent a flat envelope with tracking info to me, and inside it was a piece of notebook paper with a handwritten "lol". I took photos of everything, and supplied documentation to Paypal stating there's no way a < 1lb package could be the TV I sent, and provided tracking information for the package I originally sent detailing the dimensions and evidence the weight was over 50lbs. Not to mention that at the time, USPS wouldn't ship anything over that weight and that size. It was physically impossible for him to return the same package I sent to him just solely comparing tracking information. 

That evidence along with pictures of his envelope and letter were all supplied to Paypal, and even explained on the phone to a representative, and I still lost the case. Never sold anything on ebay since. 

The Paypal part doesn't surprise me, they never seem to have any logic. I sold a TV once on ebay and the buyer disputed the transaction saying item not as described and uploaded a tracking number to Paypal as proof he returned the item. But instead he sent a flat envelope with tracking info to me, and inside it was a piece of notebook paper with a handwritten "lol". I took photos of everything, and supplied documentation to Paypal stating there's no way a < 1lb package could be the TV I sent, and provided tracking information for the package I originally sent detailing the dimensions and evidence the weight was over 50lbs. Not to mention that at the time, USPS wouldn't ship anything over that weight and that size. It was physically impossible for him to return the same package I sent to him just solely comparing tracking information. 

That evidence along with pictures of his envelope and letter were all supplied to Paypal, and even explained on the phone to a representative, and I still lost the case. Never sold anything on ebay since. 

WTF.

You should send pizzas & taxis to his house for life.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some of these wankers will go to and not realising what they are doing is simple theft, nothing more and nothing less. In your situation a phone call to the local Sheriff would be where I would be going.

Many years ago before ebay did the siding with the buyer no matter what stance and Paypal was a big thing I bought an expensive model car from a guy in the US and he just took my money and had the attitude of well you're in the UK, I can't be arsed to send it and I'm gonna keep your money.

I had his address so I rang the local Sheriff and gave the poor guy who answered all the details even though he struggled with my accent and hadn't a clue what I was talking about a squad car made a visit to the guys house and my model promptly arrived in the post a couple of weeks later.

Might have been because it was a small town but it was effective never the less.

The moral here is that how ever you dress it up it's theft and that's a criminal offence in every country I've been to.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some of these wankers will go to and not realising what they are doing is simple theft, nothing more and nothing less. In your situation a phone call to the local Sheriff would be where I would be going.

Many years ago before ebay did the siding with the buyer no matter what stance and Paypal was a big thing I bought an expensive model car from a guy in the US and he just took my money and had the attitude of well you're in the UK, I can't be arsed to send it and I'm gonna keep your money.

I had his address so I rang the local Sheriff and gave the poor guy who answered all the details even though he struggled with my accent and hadn't a clue what I was talking about a squad car made a visit to the guys house and my model promptly arrived in the post a couple of weeks later.

Might have been because it was a small town but it was effective never the less.

The moral here is that how ever you dress it up it's theft and that's a criminal offence in every country I've been to.

This is fantastic! Kudos to you sir that's awesome

Yeah, I wish I would have thought to ring the local sheriff, he was in a small town in Virginia too. But this was probably 8 years ago and I was a much younger, dumber version of myself back then. 

• 4 weeks later...

Chris responded to my email, asked if he could send send Western Union.  Anyone receive funds via Western Union vs. records back?

Paypal negative balance for the first time in 14 years is fun, just got off the phone with them - since through CC - they are 'trying' with the evidence given to reclaim the funds, but I see how that turned out for the rest of you :(

Chris responded to my email, asked if he could send send Western Union.  Anyone receive funds via Western Union vs. records back?

Paypal negative balance for the first time in 14 years is fun, just got off the phone with them - since through CC - they are 'trying' with the evidence given to reclaim the funds, but I see how that turned out for the rest of you :(

He ended up paying me back through Western Union without any issues. I know it might sound sketchy but it worked fine for me.

Brian

Thanks for the responses. We had done a lot of conversing and some deals before all of this went down. Shame, but glad to see he is making it right. 

I genuinely think he realizes what a huge mistake he made doing the chargebacks and is trying to fix the situations. As shitty as this whole thing is/was at least he is trying to make things right. Couldn't say that about a lot of people these days.

• 2 weeks later...