Old Band Shirt Appreciation Thread

kjkenney

I love old band shirts. I search high and low for them at Goodwill, get them for a buck sometimes on eBay, and still have some from my youth that I cherish and wear to this day. While girls and friends have come and gone, my band shirts have been with me longer than anything I own and every time I open my drawer I get a smack of nostalgia and love it. My mom threw out shirts of mine after I moved out after high school graduation and some have torn or been traded or gifted or sold, but these three are the ones I've held onto the longest! The Cadillac Blindside one was ordered with These Liquid Lungs back in 02 when it came out, and the other two are from 03 I believe.

WP_20141211_001_zpscd8b25e8.jpg

SO, what are some of your guys' older most cherished shirts? Stuff from your youth and whatnot. Any cool stories go along with them? Show stories, pre orders, etc. Pics greatly encouraged!

Still have the very first one I ever got: Metallica - And Justice For All 1988 OG shirt. Print is all cracked and shirts is almost grey now.

I had a bunch and sold most of them when I started using eBay over 10 years ago. 

OG Earache Carcass, Entombed or Morbid Angel longsleeves? That shit used to fetch insane amounts of $$$.

I'm not really old enough to have bought any cool shirts that would be considered old now, but I have got some awesome deals on the Bay.

Here are two I got for $10 shipped.

GIQP1ob.jpg

TJPNU6U.jpg

UV2Bm5W.jpg

9ZdRIP6.jpg

I can't believe that Batman shirt is in such good condition for being so old. I highly doubt it was ever worn and some dude just found it in his closet.

Posting to remind myself to take pictures of some of mine when I get home. I have this really awesome girls alkaline trio one that is way too small for me now, and a Coheed one that I found at a Savers. I tried looking for a photo of the Coheed one anywhere online and I didn't see it, so I'm not sure what era it's from. It's pretty neat.

I have a Failure - Fantastic Planet shirt from 97 that is in seriously rough condition... wore it all the time.

That and a cool older Mindless Self Indulgence shirt with Metallica-like lettering and video game style breakdancers.
I have never seen a picture of it online, but I once bought from my sisters ex-boyfriend and gave to my best friend a black deftones hoodie that had the band name stylized like the Metallica logo in Ride the Lightning color.  Coolest thing I ever saw.

I have a box at home of shirts too small or old to wear that I couldn't bring myself to donate/throw out.

I have a Failure - Fantastic Planet shirt from 97 that is in seriously rough condition... wore it all the time.

That and a cool older Mindless Self Indulgence shirt with Metallica-like lettering and video game style breakdancers.

I have never seen a picture of it online, but I once bought from my sisters ex-boyfriend and gave to my best friend a black deftones hoodie that had the band name stylized like the Metallica logo in Ride the Lightning color. Coolest thing I ever saw.

I have a box at home of shirts too small or old to wear that I couldn't bring myself to donate/throw out.

You have the breakdancers tee. <3 I had one too. They still sell a hoodie with that design.

Soooo many old band shirts. I'll have to look and see what I have, but off the top of my head I had a pretty girls make graves shirt that I wore until it got too many holes in it. Also some old TBS, Norma Jean, Matchbook Romance, Thursday, Coheed, Thrice shirts that have got to be 9+ years old. 

Used to have a sweet Zappa tour shirt I got at a garage sale for a quarter. Lent it to a girl in HS, she never gave it back. Looked it up on eBay the other day hoping to snag a new one...Three-hundred fucking dollars was the only one I found at the time. Can't even find it now.

This thread made me realize that I have no idea where some of my clothes went. I used to have a sweet Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie tour shirt that I found at a thrift store for $1. After seeing this thread I looked all over for it but can't find it. :( Here's a listing I found on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XL-vtg-90s-The-SMASHING-PUMPKINS-mellon-collie-infinite-sadness-tour-t-shirt-/400782451671?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item5d507ee3d7

Ok, so I use to have 2 awesome shirts that I can't for the life of me figure out where they went.

1. A black zip-up Lagwagon hoodie with a rip-off of the Dogtown cross on the front, and "endless bummer" printed on the back with some awesome artwork of a burger, coffee, cigs, etc PIC: http://dressedtopunx.tumblr.com/post/85902669871/lagwagon-endless-bummer

2. A 3/4 baseball t from Dillinger Escape Plan with a rip-off of the Guns n Roses logo. http://www.rockabilia.com/dillinger-escape-plan-guns-baseball-jersey.html (this shows as a pre-order, but the shirt itself is probably like 10 yrs old at least.)

If anyone has either of these and wants to sell, PLEASE let me know!

I have probably worn a band t shirt every single day for the past 17 years....not a lot that would fetch money or anything though. Do have a Taking Back Sunday shirt from '02 Victory Records tour though, front just says TBS and has the little molecule or whatever logo and the back says Taking Back Sunday in very plain script...technically a pre-Tell All Your Friends era shirt....I've got an old Less Than Jake shirt with a robot jacking off on it that I had to turn inside out at school....an MxPx "punk rock summer camp" t shirt with a giant fake stamp across the back that says "Pit Tested and Approved" which I wore like it was the only t shirt I owned in high school. From age 14-22 I wouldn't buy a Tshirt of a band I hadn't seen live (for some stupid reason)...glad I got over that