Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

I think Passion Pit is terrible, but here's a link to the "exclusive" Newbury release of their.....wait for it.....new album!  Not a repress!  Hell has frozen over!  Break out the skis!

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-2090747N

The new Decemberists album had a Newbury exclusive variant as well.

I have a lot of the NC exclusive colored LPs. For the most part, they sound fantastic.

We are not debating their quality as much as Newburys choice of reissuing albums that are readily available elsewhere for half the cost (or more) that Newbury is charging for them, then when they are close to selling out taking the remaining copies and tripling the price.

LOL, my local NC wants $55 for the Hendrix 200 gram. I got it for $25 new. I also saw Nirvana- Bleach (clear/white) for $70!!!...I own that one too but again, bought it when it was first released.  I don't mind paying the $25 for most of the albums, but some are ridiculous...$40 for Sublime?

We are not debating their quality as much as Newburys choice of reissuing albums that are readily available elsewhere for half the cost (or more) that Newbury is charging for them, then when they are close to selling out taking the remaining copies and tripling the price.

What you take issue with is their pricing... Newbury does not reissue anything.

What you take issue with is their pricing... Newbury does not reissue anything.

Yeah, you're right. Poor choice of words on my part. The "Newbury exclusives" work just like Hot Topic exclusives. They get the label to reissue and buy the entire stock to resell themselves... at their own inflated pricing.

I know this thread is a whole lot of Newbury Comics hate... so I'd like to join in. 

WTF, they charge minimum of $30 for a record, then ship it in a regular-ol-mailer and not AT THE VERY LEAST an oversize amazon-style mailer?? It blows my mind that anybody uses those regular mailers anymore, especially at their price point. 

Why the bitching? Because I paid over $30 for the new B&S and it came looking like shit. First and last time ordering any of these exclusives.