Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

They are trying to dicourage flipping of certain limited items, and give people a fair chance at getting what they want. They won't have a problem selling anything worth flipping. I think it's cool that they are doing it. They aren't a struggling record store though, so they can pull it off.

I initially read it as 1 item total.  Which seemed crazy and a terrible business model.  One of each item, I thought was standard practice.  Otherwise why wouldn't first guy in line pick up the 4 copies of Deja and just buy them all.

Apparently my store actually banned someone last year because he went in bought what he wanted and then payed people in the parking lot to go in and buy him more copies of a few key albums.

http://imgur.com/cgQawPD

What I got at Spin records in Carlsbad CA

Pretty stoked on real friends, it was what I wanted the most. Not entirely sure if im going to for sure keep pianos. Almost had déjà, but my store only had one copy and the guy two spots ahead of me got it. Not bummed though, RSD 2015 was pretty great considering I got 2 out of the 3 things on my list.

Was able to get everything I wanted (and more), except the Foo Fighters record, but oh well. I didn't see anything about To Pimp A Butterfly being an RSD release, but my store had it in with the RSD releases, along with Channel Orange,and the new Drake album. Were these announced as RSD releases?

Was able to get everything I wanted (and more), except the Foo Fighters record, but oh well. I didn't see anything about To Pimp A Butterfly being an RSD release, but my store had it in with the RSD releases, along with Channel Orange,and the new Drake album. Were these announced as RSD releases?

Bootlegs. Every single one of them.

Nope. Boots. Your store was probably looking to just cash in on the fact that most people would think they're RSD releases. 

http://imgur.com/cgQawPD

What I got at Spin records in Carlsbad CA

Pretty stoked on real friends, it was what I wanted the most. Not entirely sure if im going to for sure keep pianos. Almost had déjà, but my store only had one copy and the guy two spots ahead of me got it. Not bummed though, RSD 2015 was pretty great considering I got 2 out of the 3 things on my list.

I strolled in at around 10:30 after the initial rush cause I was getting a used iPod and they had alot of stuff. There were still Better Call Saul, 1 30 Days of Night, and other goods. No White Stripes there anymore and yes, the one Deja. Pretty sure it was gonna be snapped up by the first person in line there. Glad you got what you wanted there!

11152353_970589269632318_898741077668164

Finally got out to my store. Snagged:

The Animals No 2 EP

Bowie - Changes picture disc

Air - Playground Love

Neko Case - Fox Confessor

Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America

White Stripes - GBMS

Ride - OX4

Mcluskyism

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

Darjeeling Limited Soundtrack

Wanted the Frank soundtrack, but couldn't find it. Will try to get one later this week online. Pretty good day.

My store still had: both of the Hold Steady, Goldfrapp, The Doors, The Zombies, Built to Spill, and OFF, just a few off the top of my head. They still had a few good singles left, I picked up both the Tim Kasher and ETID 7's but those might be spoken for. We had a 5 record per customer limit and I went back a few hours later to pick up some records for friends. I managed to snag Deja, Mark Kozelek, White Stripes, and the Stooges for myself. I was impressed at the selection at our store this year.