Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Not sure what the deal was but the second place I went to today was the largest store in town and it looked like a complete bust.

They opened at 7 and when I showed up at 9am, there really weren't very many people there and they had a shitload of inventory.  There had to be at least 20 of those Foo Fighters records left.

Would love a Foo Fighters if you go back! Or can you tell us what shop so I can check online? Thanks. 

I went to mad platter to grab ETID but there were two when I asked someone where they got it they said there was one left but by the time I went to the shelf it was sold out. Pretty bummed. But the lady said the person that got the only copy of deja was there since 430pm yesterday. Pretty insane. I got in line at 7am.

You got there about a half hour after I did. That's frustrating that they allowed that person to "line-up" yesterday. Sorry your drive was for nothing. They handled RSD way differently this year. Normally they do 10% or so off your purchase and they usually let people through the door in shifts. It was crazy with everyone in there at once.

Anyone hear about the dude who camped out at Park Ave for 24 hours to get Deja and they decided not to tell him that they were going to raffle off the only copy they got? What a bunch of dicks

I'm curious where you heard this from. Someone there? I used to live in Orlando and love Park Ave. Can't help but think that knew this guy to be a flipper which is why they didn't tell him.

You got there about a half hour after I did. That's frustrating that they allowed that person to "line-up" yesterday. Sorry your drive was for nothing. They handled RSD way differently this year. Normally they do 10% or so off your purchase and they usually let people through the door in shifts. It was crazy with everyone in there at once.

Yea that's what my girlfriend said. I was in Afghanistan last RSD so I had my girl wait in line last year for me two hours before they open and she got me the things I wanted but said they did shifts like you said but this year it was just a mad house in there. Always bumping into people and couldn't see what was on the shelves. Oh well. Hopefully I can complete my ETID collection soon and not pay flipper proves for it.

If anyone gets a copy of that White Paul McCartney OR one of those snazzy RSD Dave Grohl pins (we didn't get either in Canada) - please grab one for me?

I got a Grohl pin, PM me with your postal code and I'll tell you how much it'd cost to send to you. No cost other than shipping (obviously).

I got most of what I wanted apart from The Darjeeling Limited soundtrack and Deja, which I'm not too torn up about since I pre-ordered the one coming out next month but when you camp out in line for 13 hours (first in line) and the dude behind you has a side chat with a girl that works there and they think you can't hear them and then she goes inside and hides the only copy the store has for that guy then comes out and whispers to him its exact location so he runs in past you and snags it before you can even focus your eyes when you walk in the building - pretty fucked up. Oh well.

11138673_10205623705167179_2806284293475

How was the scene in Denver at Twist and Shout? I decided to go skiing instead since it dumped snow all day, but may stop by on my way back tomorrow.

It was pretty nuts.  Busiest RSD they've had.  Line completely wrapped around the building and then down Colfax a bit.  A lot of this could be contributed to Wax Traxs being suspended for this RSD though.  All the more popular stuff is long gone.