The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown"

dmfay

On February 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM, konk said:

I started with YM, so I'll always like that one more. Never listen to either anymore though. Never liked that Superchunk split.

Superdrag.  I wish it was Superchunk.  I never expected this reunion to happen.  So I'm excited to see them live again and definitely excited for any vinyl reissues we can get.

Anyone who hasn't checked out Josh Berwanger's(lead singer's)  solo stuff definitely should.  Great stuff.

Also, Designing A Nervous Breakdown til death.  Saw them in a hole in the wall in MPLS right after it came out and that album Will always be the best for me.

17 hours ago, gutzonborglum said:

Anyone who hasn't checked out Josh Berwanger's(lead singer's)  solo stuff definitely should.  Great stuff.

Also, Designing A Nervous Breakdown til death.  Saw them in a hole in the wall in MPLS right after it came out and that album Will always be the best for me.

Absolutely. Strange Stains has become a classic in my book already. Only Children was really good as well, not solo but 3/5 of the Anniversary and a supremely overlooked band.

53 minutes ago, AtarisBSBH98 said:

Is this plant known for pressing errors?  What has happened in the past?  I would be devastated if this pressing ended up sounding like shit.

Supposedly they sometimes just master from mp3 instead of source material. That's also the labels fault for approving the tests though too. Still shitty of them though.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Supposedly they sometimes just master from mp3 instead of source material. That's also the labels fault for approving the tests though too. Still shitty of them though.

Erika has made tons of quality records. Record pressing plants are going to use what you send them. What situation are you referring to specifically?

Edited by dreamover

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I've never had a problem with them, just stating "issues" people have claimed in the past.

I can probably name an issue I've heard about every plant, but Erika definitely wouldn't be in my top 5 plants to avoid or anything. But I just noticed @birdwell made the first post. @birdwell - what's the problem with Erika? legitimately curious. 

3 hours ago, dreamover said:

I can probably name an issue I've heard about every plant, but Erika definitely wouldn't be in my top 5 plants to avoid or anything. But I just noticed @birdwell made the first post. @birdwell - what's the problem with Erika? legitimately curious. 

Jackets are usually super thin and they use huge boxes for shipping which usually results in damaged jackets even if they're shipped freight versus ground....sometimes stacked flat rather than vertical for premature ring wear as well. 

Less the manufacturing of their product and more with their shipping and handling of their product.

just not one of my favorite plants in the U.S. from a consumer standpoint

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AtarisBSBH98 said:

Based on what else is being sold by that seller, I'm pretty sure it's Josh Berwanger or someone else in the anniversary selling this.  Might be worth it?

Yeah, that was my assumption - got to be someone in the band. I'm not familiar with any gear the guitar players used then or now - but for someone who is familliar, I assume that Reverend guitar could be a tip off.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Especially given how short the tour is.  

Exactly. If the tour was 50 dates I think they'd still be hard pressed to do so. Certainly aren't gonna be selling 50 copies a night. These will go up and will probably sell out within a couple weeks. 

This says nothing of how great both albums are, just the reality of the situation.