PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

And my box is here. So far so good. It does come in that pizza box thing with the regular box inside of that. Flip open box with the LPs inside. The box is numbered but on the shrink on the box. Not sure how useful that is but it is numbered. I got #1230/1500.

I opened the first 2 and the sleeves seem good. Not super heavy but not cheap feeling at all. Printed inners. No splits on the seems, packaging was ok. No idea how the originals are to compare. The LPs seem more gold than bronze to me but they look good. Flat and heavy no scuffs. Haven't spun them yet but they look ok. 

I'm ready to start playing them! 

In regards to Amazon, has anyone ever got a release date guaranteed order that was cancelled?

Do you mean like any order ever? Hmm...I don't think so. Just did a quick e-mail search and everything that I've ordered that had "guaranteed" in the e-mail eventually arrived. Only weird one: ordered Nick Cave+BS "Boatman's Call" and it was guaranteed to arrive 12/23/14. I ended up canceling that order and after I cancelled, the release date was taken down and now they're not taking orders for it. So I guess they could always do that to you.

I was just curious because it seems oddly confident of them to place a guaranteed delivery date for something they don't know if they will receive. I think with past orders, like the Sun Kil Moon 3rd and Seneca for instance, I never received a guaranteed date, but an estimated date before it was cancelled. 

I never even got an estimated date for the 3rd & Seneca release from Amazon. And my RHP amazon order says it will arrive on the 21st but it doesn't say "guaranteed" like some of my orders do. So I will actually be amazed if they get any of these.

Also B&N cancelled my order a couple hours ago saying that they couldn't get any (no surprise there). But hopefully that means shops will soon know if and how many they will be getting. I know i got an order in real early through Acoustic Sounds so I'm thinking they are my best bet. Or maybe Bullmoose but i got that one in towards the end.

That's it? HA! I'm 0-3 already. B&N... Before that CD Universe... And before that the weird site that looked like it was made on Geocities. Ordered, confirmed, AND cancelled on the same day!!  :lol:

Flipper's paradise, this thing is.

Best Buy cancelled too, though I was way too late on the uptake and fully expected it.