PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but they are NOT releasing a second RHP box. Let's list the reasons:

1) This "Box 2" would consist of TWO albums: Songs For A Blue Guitar, and Old Ramon.

2) Neither album is on 4AD.

3) Both albums are on completely separate labels with separate licenses.

4) Old Ramon already came out on vinyl via Sub Pop (OOP).

5) Songs already came out on vinyl via Plain (also OOP).

I'm down for a reissue of Old Ramon via Sub Pop, and a reissue of Songs by... Well, ANYONE but Plain. (Love the album but that pressing was not good at all.)

Knowing 4AD, the RHP Box Set 2 will simply be this identical set repressed, but minus the crack on Down Colorful Hill... And they'll force you to buy the entire thing again.  :angry:

Guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but they are NOT releasing a second RHP box. Let's list the reasons:

1) This "Box 2" would consist of TWO albums: Songs For A Blue Guitar, and Old Ramon.

2) Neither album is on 4AD.

3) Both albums are on completely separate labels with separate licenses.

4) Old Ramon already came out on vinyl via Sub Pop (OOP).

5) Songs already came out on vinyl via Plain (also OOP).

I'm down for a reissue of Old Ramon via Sub Pop, and a reissue of Songs by... Well, ANYONE but Plain. (Love the album but that pressing was not good at all.)

Knowing 4AD, the RHP Box Set 2 will simply be this identical set repressed, but minus the crack on Down Colorful Hill... And they'll force you to buy the entire thing again.  :angry:

Any company can buy the rights to put out an album, so anything is possible.

Has anyone else had this god awful crack on the first track of Down Colorful Hill? It's happening for about the first 2 minutes and I can't get rid of it.

I do not have an issue with mine.... if there is no scratch i wonder if one of the stampers was damaged somehow during the pressing....

This is what I'm talking about:

27xdo2u.jpg

Looks like someone dragged something across it before it got packaged up. I emailed 4AD to see if there's anything they could do for me. No response yet, but I'm probably going to end up just having to get a replacement black copy. Pretty damn irritated.

My Down Colorful Hill also is noisy at the beginning of the second side... I only thought I saw a tiny scratch on mine and not all those marks.  will have to look again in the light.  I cleaned the whole set with my spin clean finally, but didn't listen to it again yet, but if most everyone has a noisy side b beginning then it must be a flaw.  I was thinking later I'd just get a black copy.  at least my fav song on Down Colorful Hill is quiet on it :)

Oh yeah, mine also has dirty bits in some of the vinyl, but I figured it was just the usual with colored vinyl and it doesn't affect the sound.

This is what I'm talking about:

27xdo2u.jpg

Looks like someone dragged something across it before it got packaged up. I emailed 4AD to see if there's anything they could do for me. No response yet, but I'm probably going to end up just having to get a replacement black copy. Pretty damn irritated.

Those look very similar to some scratches I have on a different LP. Even after a good VPI cleaning there's still some pops every time the stylus passes over those lines. 

Those look very similar to some scratches I have on a different LP. Even after a good VPI cleaning there's still some pops every time the stylus passes over those lines. 

So annoying. I know it is very unlikely that 4AD has any replacement copies from an over-run, but hopefully they can do something for me.

Just got finished listening to my copy of RHPII and it skips like crazy at the very beginning on both sides.  And I don't just mean "skips," I mean the needle fucking jumps back every rotation so it plays the same part over and over and over again.

Guess it looks like I'll be grabbing a black copy of this as well.  Almost finished with disc 1 of Ocean Beach and it's been perfect so far.  Fingers crossed for the second disc.

Not sure how much more specific I can be.  I physically sat there and watched the NEEDLE jump back every rotation of the record.  I looked hard and good and I saw nothing visibly wrong with it.

Also, FUCK ME.  I got TWO A/B's with my Ocean Beach.  HAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously, this is so fucked.  Two fucked up records and now I have doubles of one/am missing one...

I am glad that I didnt jump on this set for some crazy prices

The individual is a good deal and can be replaced if messed up

Yeah, between the individual releases being less expensive and the box having some problems, I feel like I dodged a bullet.  I hope things work out for the box holders.  I would be crushed if I got one only to find out it had a defective disc.

Not sure how much more specific I can be.  I physically sat there and watched the NEEDLE jump back every rotation of the record.  I looked hard and good and I saw nothing visibly wrong with it.

Also, FUCK ME.  I got TWO A/B's with my Ocean Beach.  HAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously, this is so fucked.  Two fucked up records and now I have doubles of one/am missing one...

what kind of turntable do you have?