PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

I thought my trade request was good because of how many people seem to be in need, or in want, of Among the Leaves.

As a huge RHP and SKM fan I think it his less cohesive work of all, which is why I am willing to part with it more easily. Having two of each record I'm trying to trade def makes it easier for me, of course.

But I would rather have Ocean Beach or Rollercoaster over ATL or Perils any Day of the week.

Even if I'm NOT able to snag the box, I'd still be willing to trade ATL or Perils for something good. Because I know there's fans out there who want it.

Damn we've all got opinions but ATL is one of my favorite albums he's ever done! Adam had it right though, I'm the type who has to have all the Koz records! Haha

Sometimes my local Ann Arbor stores really disappoint me. So 1 store I hit on RSD got 1 copy of this and chose to sell it for $120. They went out of their way to let me know that they'd have just the 1. I had planned on going to get it early but got Bullmoose notification the night before so I slept in a bit. That store rocks. But now I see another more popular store in town has put this box up on discogs for $400. That's not even sane considering there are a bunch for under $300 now. This store did the same thing for the Seneca 10's as well as a bunch of other items. I really cannot stand places that do that shit. If you are a store and get it from a distributor sell that shit in your store for retail prices. Don't TRIPLE the price!

The saddest part is the cool store had basically no line at all that morning. While the other store had a line outside constantly until past 6PM.

Sometimes my local Ann Arbor stores really disappoint me. So 1 store I hit on RSD got 1 copy of this and chose to sell it for $120. They went out of their way to let me know that they'd have just the 1. I had planned on going to get it early but got Bullmoose notification the night before so I slept in a bit. That store rocks. But now I see another more popular store in town has put this box up on discogs for $400. That's not even sane considering there are a bunch for under $300 now. This store did the same thing for the Seneca 10's as well as a bunch of other items. I really cannot stand places that do that shit. If you are a store and get it from a distributor sell that shit in your store for retail prices. Don't TRIPLE the price!

The saddest part is the cool store had basically no line at all that morning. While the other store had a line outside constantly until past 6PM.

I hear ya man. I have a lot of respect for my local shop for not doing that kind of shit. There's no reason for it when, as you said, they paid distributor price.

As the world's unluckiest person in regards to this f**&*% box, in the unlikely event anyone in the UK has a extra, spare or knows where I can get one without paying silly flipper money then please do give me a shout...

OK, ok you can all stop laughing now  :angry:

Seriously they should just move RSD to april 1st...

Hey all, just a general message to the 7684543 people that messaged me.

I was surprised to hear the stores that I knew had gotten these sold out of the numerous copies they had received within a day. Maybe I should have expected it, but I didn't. So sorry to all you guys. I hope you find what you're looking for somewhere out in the universe

Seems like Vinyl-Digital has a couple of copies in? Price is a bit high, but without VAT for non EU, and under $18 shipping, it's about $240 US. Still a lot, but not as much as it's been going for:

http://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Rock-Indie/Red-House-Painters-RSD-2015-Release.html?listtype=search&searchparam=red%20house%20painters

Has anyone else had this god awful crack on the first track of Down Colorful Hill? It's happening for about the first 2 minutes and I can't get rid of it.

same here. there also seems to be a lot of specks of black and brown all over my copy and I thought it was dirt at first. I wonder if that's affecting the sound quality in any way

same here. there also seems to be a lot of specks of black and brown all over my copy and I thought it was dirt at first. I wonder if that's affecting the sound quality in any way

Actually took a closer look and realized that there is a series of very tiny blemishes on the record. They didn't come off when I cleaned them, but they don't exactly look like scratches. Gonna have a friend deep clean it and see if they come off. If they don't, I guess I'll have to take it up with 4AD. Pray for me haha

Actually took a closer look and realized that there is a series of very tiny blemishes on the record. They didn't come off when I cleaned them, but they don't exactly look like scratches. Gonna have a friend deep clean it and see if they come off. If they don't, I guess I'll have to take it up with 4AD. Pray for me haha

The specks are completely normal with colored vinyl. Just some black got mixed in with the gold/bronze. You'll never get them out. Don't try. It won't effect play. A couple of mine in the set have them too. No biggie.

The specks are completely normal with colored vinyl. Just some black got mixed in with the gold/bronze. You'll never get them out. Don't try. It won't effect play. A couple of mine in the set have them too. No biggie.

No, its not like that unfortunately. It's something that should not be there. It's hard to explain. I'll try and get some pictures later.