Insound Closing Its Doors After 16 Years

Picked up a Debut Carbon DC Esprit before they were gone. $8.49 shipping to Canada so I was worried that they would do the usual UPS fuckery where I have to pay most of the cost of shipment, but no, I only had to pay duty (though taxes on the cost at full price rather than discount) and $10 brokerage fees. Considering the Debut Carbon (not even DC) costs over $600 CAD new here with taxes, I think paying equivalent of about $550 CAD for the Esprit was a pretty sweet deal.  I just set it up and it sounds great. I have a Grado Gold1 cartridge I am going to put on it shortly - excited to see how it sounds!

I hooked my RP1 today and it blew my dick off. What a difference in sound quality! Unfortunately I have a wobbly platter that seems to plague the RP1, so I hope I can find a solution to that somehow. Any tips?

I doubt Insound will be very helpful in this.  I would try and contacting Rega's customer service.

Just curious, what did you upgrade from?

• 3 weeks later...

got these for $123ppd:

The Drums - Encyclopedia (Colored Vinyl) 2xLP

Lace Curtains - A Signed Piece of Paper LP

Blue Valentine OST 2xLP

Beth Orton - Central Reservation 2xLP

Good Will Hunting OST 2xLP

Creepers - Lush LP

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet OST LP

Cold Beat - Over Me LP

not too shabby.

There's only one non-Crosley turntable still in stock — the RP-4000. Anyone have any experience with this one? It looks to be heavily DJ-geared, but I'm looking to replace my old turntable so for half off, maybe this is the one for me.

http://www.insound.com/electronics/turntables/reloop-rp-4000-m-direct-drive-high-torque-turntable.html