Out one day: Citizen - New LP

create viral campaign site... get pissed when people figure out viral campaign site and look in code... ask mods to delete thread because people here are smarter than you thought and you get mad. 

maybe you shouldn't have created a site with all that information and this wouldn't have been a problem

Also not at all what happened. Nearly everything you guys are assuming isn't correct. Just stop. It's not a big deal. None of this matters. All of this information will be publicly announced the way the band wants to soon. 

unless your servers were hacked i don't understand the problem... 

edit: this site lives in such a niche portion of the internet the thread should have just been left alone. the intervention of mods and a label into a thread is troubling to me. all the crazy speculation in the deja thread didn't get deleted. if it was left to be speculation then nothing would have spiraled out of control.  

Haha...what? Why are you taking this so seriously and personally? You have zero stake in any of this and don't even understand the situation. You're not, and nor is anyone else here entitled to an apology from anyone. Sorry.

To everyone else. Rambo was asked to have it deleted because NONE of the information posted was public. We're not trying to hide anything, we just want the artists to be able to announce their tours and their albums on their own accord. A whole tour for another band that Citizen is apart of was leaked in that thread. There is nothing weird going on behind the scenes here... Grant went into the source code of the management companies website to find information that was not released or meant to be public, and posted it. If you don't understand why we don't want that happening, I don't know what to tell you.

Wrong. 

I've been asked to drop this but I'm happy, honestly, to have a polite back and forth on PM if you'd like. There was absolutely a professional breach made here by management. Out of respect to a friend it won't be a public anything further. 

You have to be kidding me. Some of you are so entitled its laughable. "It is a huge deal that this happened. Why try to save face?" Jesus christ.

THERE IS NO VIRAL CAMPAIGN. Grant found information by looking through source code of their managements website. I repeat, THERE IS NO VIRAL CAMPAIGN. A bunch of information was leaked, we asked to have it removed. That is 100% the extent of it. 

Geez dudes. What ever happened to respecting the music, the musicians, and the small/big labels that put it out? RFC doesn't want it out there so don't put it out there...pretty simple.

Ahh, the voice of reason :)

Also, its funny people complaining about this are deleting their posts  :rolleyes:

I don't even listen to Ciz (absent one or two songs) but man, everything that happened here seems logical... Nobody forced anybody to do anything. Of course, my love for the boards predicates my belief that nothing on here should be destroyed. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem necessary to look up a case where it ruled that a user's post on a forum is owned by him, but I'd imagine the only relevant parties here are SRC and the people that created the information (Ciz/Rfc?). If they are okay with it, end of story. 

Holy shit this thread is stupid.

For a thread that's supposed to talk about a band there's a lot of no talking about that band going on.

People here love drama, this was basically worked out between those who it would have concerned but there's always gotta be a conspiracy or backdoor deal or something nutty anytime any actual moderation occurs. I don't know what kinda 'hook-up' people think I get. I'm broke as fuck and my collection isn't very impressive. The only thing greasing my palms are tears :D