Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

this. Over time, more and more hits reveal themselves on this record. Can't wait to get my vinyl copy.

This2.  First listen, I swore I'd stick with Oshin and be content.  Each time I go back, I say, "Oh yeah, this song!  This is a really good song!"  It speaks to most of the recent comments around this feeling like a "best of" album, but may not be memorable and create a craving.  The more you listen, the more you'll listen.  Awaiting VMP.

Can't speak for everyone, but the flow and length of this album are great in my books.  It really breezes by – due largely to the variety, I think.  When it's all said and done it does feel like it goes all over the place, but I think that really plays into its replay value.  For me, anyway, it doesn't really feel stale at any point.  There's no one song that pops up and has me wondering when the album is going to wrap up, or what I could be listening to instead.  I don't know; between the variant, the runtime, and the variety on the record... there sure are a lot of gripes that don't seem to phase me in the least.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I find it a little funny because I wasn't nearly as hyped for this album as others were, and I wasn't 100% smitten with my first listen, either.

I guess ultimately I'm a bit disappointed with it. Its really good, but its not a huge jump from Oshin. I still like the album and there is nothing wrong with doing Oshin part 2, but when they were talking like this was the make or break album and they are looking to push beyond Oshin, (and its my fault for buying into it), I was expecting something mind blowing. At times I feel its a bit samey and doesn't really push beyond the Oshin sound.

On top of that 60 min isn't a crazy length for a record, but dialing it in to about 45 could possibly make the album a bit more impactful. Again, I like it alot and I'm gonna play it a bunch, but I wasn't blown away by it.

Can't speak for everyone, but the flow and length of this album are great in my books.  It really breezes by – due largely to the variety, I think.  When it's all said and done it does feel like it goes all over the place, but I think that really plays into its replay value.  For me, anyway, it doesn't really feel stale at any point.  There's no one song that pops up and has me wondering when the album is going to wrap up, or what I could be listening to instead.  I don't know; between the variant, the runtime, and the variety on the record... there sure are a lot of gripes that don't seem to phase me in the least.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I find it a little funny because I wasn't nearly as hyped for this album as others were, and I wasn't 100% smitten with my first listen, either.

agree with everything here