Copy of Chung King LP sells for $6000 on discogs

People who want to make hardcore a sterile, safe environment don't belong in hardcore.

It's never been that. Never will be that. You don't have to intentionally hurt someone, but it will always be an aggressive outlet and that alone will breed violence.

I also agree with this. Shows would be boring as fuck if everyone just nodded their heads and stood around.

There's a difference between aggressively moshing and intentionally hurting people. I've been knocked the fuck out by assholes crowd killing. I've been punched in the face unprovoked and on purpose. I agree that some element of "danger" makes shows fun, but people intentionally hurting others is never cool and really makes certain environments shitty.

Some neanderthal meathead motherfuckers stomping around the pit punching kids for no reason sucks. Getting accidentally hit in the face while moshing also sucks, but is far more reasonable.

People who want to make hardcore a sterile, safe environment don't belong in hardcore.

It's never been that. Never will be that. You don't have to intentionally hurt someone, but it will always be an aggressive outlet and that alone will breed violence.

Gosh golly, I will stop liking it this instant. Thanks, Hardcore Police.

Violence begets violence, right? But letting loose and moshing, dancing, or crowd surfing doesn't have to be inherently violent. When you're there to do things other than watch a band play a show, you've already lost the point at being at a show.

That's what makes hardcore different from other forms of music. You're not required to be a spectator.

• 2 months later...

For 9K it'd better play Brand New, PATD, Blink, and Circa at the same time or something

I don't think any of those bands records has sold at least for $1000, at least those records were a high quantity press compared to Chung which was and has only been ~100

Everyone calm your tits, it was a joke. Is this a good record on its own? That price seems nuts.