Favorite records made by people younger than 20 years old

Sunlight Ascending - everything, even after 20

Barrows - Imprecari Island (postmetal band from LA)

World's End Girlfriend - amazing talent, albums or hit or miss for me, but he cranked a lot of material before 20

Sigur Ros - they were really close to 20 (bass and drummer) when their first music started pinging out there

They are my favorite band and have awesome B-Sides that could have been 3 more albums-worth of material.

Could never get into their other albums but I really like the first one. I saw them open for Coldplay once and people hated them. I guess it's an acquired sound. But I thought they killed it live.

Could never get into their other albums but I really like the first one. I saw them open for Coldplay once and people hated them. I guess it's an acquired sound. But I thought they killed it live.

I can understand this. Their second album Welcome to the North is not my favorite but I absolutely love Strength In Numbers their third and final album. That album alone has like 10 great tracks as B-Sides.

I kind of feel like The Music explored three areas of the rock genre in their short three album history:

The Music - was like dancey-pop rock that was popular at that time

Welcome to the North - was more of a straightforward rock album

Strength In Numbers - was a dance/electronica rock fuse

All three are very different albums but all are very good.

At this time, I would say Strength In Numbers is my favorite.

since some people have already mentioned some rap music, I think the 50+ songs Mac Miller wrote before age 20 are pretty damn impressive. Especially because he has produced a lot of them.

Also, if you like metalcore these 3 albums were written by members in high school

August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker

Parkway Drive - Close Your Eyes

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings

Came in to say STD-Through Being Cool, but John was on it! Also ' Dead Space' by Slowdown Virginia. Tim Kasher was 20 when that came out. Also didn't realize Slint-Tweez was when they were so young, that's rad!

They were all pretty young for Spiderland too. Like early 20s? That blows my mind the most.