Deafheaven - New Bermuda

So confused  :blink:

Am I correct in thinking that even though the EU colour variant I ordered: "Comes with a thick gatefold jacket with sculptural embossing. Spot gloss varnish and a spine wrap with foil stamping...", according to the Kings Road description, that this is actually wrong and it is only the black /500 version that does?! Is this based on any hard fact, or just speculation?

Thanks!

Are we sure that's not.....the actual painting that was used for the cover?

Not sure at all, actually, but you could be right. Especially considering how far out the actual release date is. But one can only hope the embossed jacket will be similarly textured. And to be fair, the size of the art resembles an LP jacket, in proportion to the hand in the photo. The actual painting is probably a lot larger in person.

Not sure at all, actually, but you could be right. Especially considering how far out the actual release date is. But one can only hope the embossed jacket will be similarly textured. And to be fair, the size of the art resembles an LP jacket, in proportion to the hand in the photo. The actual painting is probably a lot larger in person.

Are we sure that's not.....the actual painting that was used for the cover? 

pretty sure that's the cover based on what George posted as the caption:

"george_lesageYou're beautiful and really do look like a painting (three level emboss with a high gloss finish). We achieved exactly what we were going for. @nicksteinhardt @allisonschulnik"

So.. If I buy a EU colour variant I'm gambling? Has anyone actually asked Kings Road?

I sent them a message, we'll see what they say.

newbermudapressingsvuse1.jpg

I'm actually contemplating asking them if it's possible to exchange my pink variant with a black one. Of course, sound is definitely more important than the cover. BUT since the black ones are also being handled by the European plant, you might probably get both nice sound and the cool sleeve...